The title of this seasonal challenge is Sweet on Project Panning and it is a large collaboration on Youtube between many who project pan. If you search for the title of the project, their videos will come up (little hint, I always sort by upload date so I get the most recent ones). The challenge runs from January 1st until February 28th. You are to pick 5-6 products with the goal that they have some sort of sweet or candy theme.
I thought I would start by showing you the page in my beauty notebook for this project. I have listed out all the products with my goals for the project. For the one item, I also left room for a progress marking at the bottom of the page. Adding a goal for each item is something new I decided to do.
So here is what I chose and why it fits the theme...
1. Mario Badescu Strawberry Tonic Mask - I am including this mask because it smells like strawberries. As of the start of the project, I haven't even opened the mask and it is a full size product. I know I won't use the whole thing but my goal is to use the mask at least once a week and see how much progress I can make. I am really bad at using masks so remembering to do it once a week is a good goal for me.
2. Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle - This is included because it smells like cotton candy. This product is also unopened but is a deluxe size. My goal is to finish the product by the end of the project.
3. NYX single eyeshadow in White Pearl - I included this shadow because it looks like frosting or marshmallows (thanks to some of the Youtube ladies for the idea). This shadow was in a project I worked on in 2016 and I made a really good dent in it. I will use this shade all over my lid to set my primer. I hope to finish this shadow in the next two months, but it might be cutting it close:)
4. Stila Lip Glaze in Raspberry Sorbet - Since it is pink and the name is ice cream, I thought it was a lip product to include. This is a deluxe size lip glaze and I can usually finish a full size in a few months so I hope to finish this one in the two months that the project will last.
5. Soap and Glory A Great Kisser lip balm - This is included in the project because it smells like peaches. My goal is to clear out the left size of this tin. I would like to finish more but it takes forever to use up a tin like this so I'm hoping the left size isn't too optimistic. I have had this lip balm a long time and it needs to get finished up this year.
6. Chapstick in Cake Batter - This smells like...cake batter (who knew?:) so I thought it was a great item to include. I use this every night before bed and a full size chapstick usually takes me 3-4 months to finish when I use it nightly. I don't remember when I started this so I don't know if I'll finish it but I should get close.
So, these are my six products for this project. If I can hit my goal on 5 of the 6, I'll call it a success. I will do one update at the beginning of February, unless I'm seeing a lot of progress for 2 week updates.