I want to start off by saying I did very well with purchases this month! I only bought one chapstick for $4 because I was on vacation and ran out of chapstick. The few items I took in (eyelash curler, rollerball) were purchased with a Sephora gift card or free. And then there were my few Birchbox items. As always, I will recap the month at the end of this post. Let me start with empties...
Project 20 Pan Empties: I don't want to keep these empties around for months so I will post about them and refer back in the coming months.
1. Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter Lotion - I bought this in the aisle by the checkout at Sephora awhile ago because I hadn't tried any Soap and Glory products. I liked this lotion. It had a very different scent than anything I had used before. I thought I was smelling boys cologned the first time I put it on. But the scent definitely grew on me and I really like it! If we find these products pop up in the US again, I'd buy this lotion.
2. Urban Decay Lip Junkie gloss in Wallflower - I got this gloss with my Naked palette a long time ago. I really liked this gloss and I'm sad that they don't make it anymore or I would purchase it. This shade was easy to swipe on whenever and was a nice light pink color.
3. Mac Viva Glam IV - This was one of my oldest lipsticks and I am glad I was able to finish it up instead of having to throw it away. It is a nice neutral pink but I wouldn't repurchase it again. I wasn't absolutely in love with this formula.
4. Olay Fresh Outlast body wash - I liked the scent of this and it was an okay body wash. I might purchase it if I found it on sale.
5. Sephora Cotton rounds - These are my favorite cotton rounds but they are kind of expensive for the how many you get. They appear frequently in my empties posts.
6 & 7. Whish Shave Cream - I have the grapefruit and blueberry scents. I get about two uses out of this tube. It isn't a very thick cream and washes away very easily, often before I'm done shaving. I liked the grapefruit scent, the blueberry made me gag. I won't buy these because I don't think they are worth the money.
8. Marcelle eye makeup remover - This was a sample I chose one month from Birchbox and I really like it. I'm not sure how much the full size is but I would consider purchasing this once I finish up my others in my stash. It didn't sting my eyes and worked pretty well. (It looks full because I filled it with remover from a bigger bottle for a recent trip).
9. Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Treatment - This was a gel for nighttime and I really liked it. The smell was a bit strange but I liked how nicely it absorbed and it wasn't greasy at all. I'm not sure it did anything for my skin but I might consider purchasing another sample to try it again. I think the larger size comes in a pump bottle which I prefer too.
10. Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation - I really liked this moisturizer. I used it with the invigorating treatment at night but it was light enough and absorbed well enough that I think I could easily use it in the morning as well under makeup. I am not a fan of the tub though and have tried other moisturizers I like just as well that I want to purchase first.
11. Benefit Pore-fessional - This is a small sample size from a Popsugar Box. I am not a huge fan of the feel of this primer and I don't have huge pores that I need to blur. I wouldn't purchase this product in a full size but I will use samples if I get them because it is an okay primer.
12. Prescriptives Super Line Preventer - This is not empty but is going in the trash. I used it for two nights on vacation with the Olay cream I'll talk about next and I had a horrible reaction. I looked like I had a horrible sunburn and my face was covered with small bumps. After about four days of painful bumps, they started peeling like I had burned my skin with the product. I know some potent wrinkle creams are supposed to have a pretty brutal reaction when you first start using them as they improve your skin. And if this is what that was, I'm not interested in those:)
13. Olay Regenerist micro-sculpting cream - This came in a Walmart box and I was going to use it as a night cream since I had finished my other ones. It is not empty but I am not going to risk having a reaction again by trying to use it.
14. Tresemme Tres Two Spray - There are a lot of Youtubers who like this. Its okay. I like my Garner Fructis one better and that is what I will repurchase.
15. Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Keratin Cream Rinse - This is the second tube I've used. I have no idea where I got these or if you can even purchase them anywhere. It was okay as a hair mask but I won't purchase.
16. Jouer Lip Enhancer - I bought this from Birchbox a long time ago and I thought I would love it. It was okay but I didn't like it enough to purchase it again. I found it more drying than moisturizing.
17 &18. Chapstick - I bought a bunch of these a long time ago because they were cheap and I'm working my way through them. They are okay. I don't mind a waxy chapstick but I have a lot of other ones I would like to try once I use these up.
For the month of June I took in 12 products with a total cost of $4 (most were Birchbox or I used a gift card). I have spent $182.43 so far this year.
I started June with 323 products (according to my inventory I did at the beginning of the month). I used up 22 products (includes 4 samples not pictured here). I am starting July with 312 products.
I used 6 full size, 10 deluxe size, 2 went in the trash, and I used 4 samples (see my Instagram if you would like to know about the 4 sample sizes since I don't post them in my empties).
I have used $777.45 in products this year.
$174.21 have gone into the trash because they were old or caused some sort of reaction.
My empties budget is at -$54.43.
I didn't really use makeup during the last two weeks of June while we were on vacation due to the reaction my skin had. I am hoping I'll finish some more makeup products during July.
Follow me on Instagram or Twitter for more updates during the month - @hmills79