@jencoempties stared the challenge #12emptiesofchristmas on Instagram and I thought I'd join in. This way, I know I have at least some products that I'll be sure to finish by the end of the year. Although, I hope to have a lot more. These are larger sized products that are mostly or completely full since we have quite a few months to work through them.
In case you are new here, I have a few reasons for working on using up products:
1. I want to make room for new products I want to try.
2. I want to make room for only products I love.
3. I want to find skincare and haircare that I absolutely love and feel works best for me. I am working to use up some things and try new products in search of what works best for me.
Let's look at what I hope to use up:
1. Kerstin Florian peel pads - There are 50ish pads in here and I try to do a peel at least once a week. I use 1-2 pads and I have a feeling if they start drying out, it might require more. I got these for my birthday and I really like them. You run the pads over your face and let it sit for a few minutes. Then rinse with water to neutralize the peel. These are pricey, but they do last a long time since my skin can only take the peel once a week. I included them in the project because I want to make sure I continue to get my money's worth from this product.
2. Loreal Revitalift cream - This was a deluxe sample from a Walmart box. I plan to use it as my night cream and finish it up.
3. Olay regenerist cream - This was another deluxe sample from a Walmart box. Again, I just want to make sure I use this up.
4. Ponds cream - I'm not entirely sure where this came from. I think a Walmart box? Anyways, as with the above creams, I doubt it will be something I will fall in love with but I want to use it up.
5. Mario Badescu - I'm on the fence about this serum. I want the anti-aging benefits but I'm not in love with the texture. Feels too much like an oil to me. I have a feeling it will take me all year to use this up since I only need 2-3 drops.
6. TheBalm Nudetude Palette - This is my Pan That Palette for this year. I am about halfway through four of the shades but it will be hard to use up once I get to the darker shades being left. I hope to have the majority of it done by the end of the year.
7. Bronze - I got this in a Birchbox or Ipsy bag. I'm not really a bronzer person but have 3 right now? I think I only bought one of them in a kit from Too Faced. But anyways, this is a smaller size so I will use it to warm up my face and hopefully use it up by the end of 2015.
8. A Great Kisser Lip Balm - I put this on every morning before I start my makeup. I'm going to try to use it more frequently when I'm home to use it up. I love this balm but I am not a huge fan of pots of product.
9. Neutrogena Healthy Skin - I love this foundation. It is my favorite drugstore foundation. I have included all 3 foundations/BB creams that I currently own in projects to make sure I use them up.
10. Perfumes - I put Pure Grace in the picture. However, I have replaced this with two small rollerballs of Calvin Klein Euphoria and Demeter Snow. If I finish these, then I will work on Pure Grace.
11. All these face washes count as #11. I am hoping to finish these four face washes by the end of the year. The cream cleanser has been used a few times and the others are unused. I have always thought that my skin needs really strong cleansers and toners to keep it from breaking out. However, I have recently heard that perhaps my skin is overcompensating for the strong products I use on it. I want to use these up and try a new approach.
12. These 3 astringents count as #12. Again, for the same reason as above. I want to use them up to try some new products and see how my skin reacts. One of these is about half gone and the other 2 are full.
If I can use all of these products up, it will be an additional 17 products out of my collection/hoarding stash of skincare and body products. Emptying products becomes kind of addicting after awhile:)
Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @hmills79. I plan to update this project around the middle of each month since I will be posting my final blog about that time in December.
*All opinions are my own. All products were purchased with my own money. I was not compensated in any way for this post.