Time again for my Ipsy and Birchbox reviews! This is my favorite mail day of the month so I hope you are all enjoying these mini reviews. I have posted about both of these services before so I won't go into it much. Feel free to look back at previous posts for more information. Each one is $10.
I'll start with Ipsy this time. (I never remember which I start with:) My Ipsy bags have been rather disappointing to me lately. There just weren't very many products that I liked. But this month was much better!
1. Urban Decay Perversion mascara - I love this product! It is one of the few high-end mascaras I would consider buying. It makes my lashes nice and long and doesn't smudge at all. I would definitely purchase this product.
2. Klorane Extra Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk - I have never used dry shampoo and have no comparison for this one. I did try it and it left some white cast that went away as I massaged it in. It smelled nice. I would say it worked since my hair appeared less greasy. I wouldn't purchase because it isn't something I use.
3. J. Cat Beauty Flying Solo Shadow in Half Naked - I love this shadow too! I was afraid it would be orange or very peach when I opened it. However, it is a very nice champagne color and I wear it often on my lid. I would say I'd purchase one, but it will take me forever just to go through this one:) And I haven't ever seen the J.Cat Beauty brand anywhere around me.
4. Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer - I have been using this as my primer every morning. I don't have huge pores, just a few noticeable ones around the end of my nose. However, I have been applying this on my t-zone as I normally do with a primer where I tend to be oilier. It works as well as most primers I've tried. I'm not wowed by it so I wouldn't spend the money on it.
5. Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Nutrient Dense Anti-Aging Lip Conditioner in Mandarin Green Orange Ginger - Longest product name ever! I have been keeping this in my purchase and using it as my chapstick. It is okay. I like waxier chapsticks (don't know how to describe them) like Chapstick or Burts Bees. This doesn't seem to stay on very long and I need to reapply often. I will not be purchasing this product.
Now onto Birchbox! My Birchboxes over the past few months have been awesome! This one was not as great but I still always love Birchbox.
1. Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo - Again, I don't really use dry shampoos. This one smells awesome though! If I was buying dry shampoo, I would probably buy it over the Klorane just because it didn't leave the white cast on my hair so I found it easier to use.
2. Dr. Jart+ Dis-a-Pore Beauty Balm - I tried this once but it was way too light for my skin. It left a white cast like a sunblock does, perhaps because it contains 30 SPF? I will try it again in the winter and see if it is the coloring or just the product.
3. ModelCo Shimmer Bronzer - This is just okay. I think the color isn't really for me. I can use it very sparingly on my nose or temples but not to contour my cheeks because it makes them look dirty. I will continue to use this and see if my opinion changes.
4. Supergoop Forever Young Hand Cream with Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 40 - I always like hand cream samples because I put them in my purse or nightstand. However, since this one contains SPF, I felt like my hands smelled like sunblock all day or at night. It isn't a hand cream I'll use much.
5. Nugg Beauty Soothing Mask - I liked this mask but can't say too much about its effects because I only got a little more than one use out of it. I liked the texture of this mask It made my skin feel soft but I don't have much dryness right now or redness which is what the mask is supposed to be for. The Birchbox site has other types of masks from this brand so I might try some of those out.
So, those are my products and reviews for this month! I have been using quite a few of the products and really liking them. The favorites would be the mascara and eye shadow from my Ipsy bag.
If you don't follow me on Twitter or Instagram, I post mini reviews of products over there, some other beauty posts, and some outfit posts.
Instagram - hmills79
Twitter - hmills79
**All products were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own. I was not compensated in any way for this post.