Yay! Love empties, as I've mentioned before. Part of my love comes from knowing that if I use something up, then I need to replace it with something else....right?:) I actually bought a whole lot of products after the holidays with gift cards and around my birthday in February so I haven't purchased much lately and am trying to use up some of what I already have around. I also get lots of little sample size treats from my Ipsy and Birchbox each month so that gives me some new products to try. On to what I used up this month....
1. The top foil packet was a No. 4 Volumizing Conditioner sample from Birchbox this month. I am still getting some uses from the shampoo so that will show up next month. I absolutely love these. They smell so good and I really like how they feel and make my hair feel. However, they are super pricey so I probably won't purchase a full size unless I tally up a ton of Birchbox points:)
2. Keims Hair Care Cleanshine Energizing Shampoo - This is another sample from one of my beauty subscriptions over the past few months. I wasn't a huge fan. It wasn't very thick (it tended to run out of my palm) and didn't lather as much as I like. I wouldn't purchase it but I do like being able to try out new hair care samples.
3. Eucerin Original Moisturzing Cream - I bought this over the winter because Chicago was horrible this winter! It is greasy so I would only use it before bed on my hands but it was very thick and moisturizing. I have lots of lotions and hand creams to use up so I won't repurchase anytime soon.
4. Neutrogena Oil-free eye makeup remover - This is my favorite eye makeup remover. It doesn't bother my eyes at all and I think it does a good job of removing my makeup. I will continue to repurchase this.
5. Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water - I bought this on a whim because I wanted to try the cleansing oil from Sephora that lots of people talk about. My Sephora was out of the oil so I tried the water instead. I really like this. I used it on a cotton pad at night. I don't know that you need to cleanse after but I used my face wash at night after this and felt my face was super clean and I had significantly less break outs. I tried the Garnier Cleansing Oil which I'm using right now and not a huge fan of so when its gone, I'll definitely repurchase the Sephora cleansing water.
6. First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with red clay - This was another subscription box sample. I really liked this product however I have other face washes that I like equally as much that are not as pricey so I probably won't purchase anytime soon.
7. Air Repair Rescue Balm - Came in a subscription box - I know you're surprised:) This balm is amazing! I used it primarily on my cuticles at night however I went through about a week with super chapped lips for some reason and I tried this on them instead of chapstick. It worked so well! I will definitely repurchase this item.
8. CK One mascara - This was my free mascara from Ulta for my birthday. I wasn't a fan and won't spend money on it. It made my lashes look okay but I found it really hard to remove. When trying to remove it, it tended to flake and then it got in my eyes. Not good. This is more of a trash item than an empty item.
9. 100% Pure Mascara - This was a sample from a subscription box and at first I wasn't a huge fan. It gives a very natural look, not much volume or length for me. And it has a very fruity smell, I'm sure due to the natural ingredients. However, the smell went away the more I used it and I found it to be an awesome bottom lash mascara. I'm saving up my Birchbox points to buy it very soon!
10. Dolce and Gabbana Pour Femme - This was okay. I use these samples so I can try out new fragrances, but I wasn't a huge fan of this. It smelled too sweet and like candy which I'm not a huge fan of. If you are though, it has a subtle hint of the sweet candy smell and you would probably really enjoy the scent.
Lots of skincare items this month. Makeup is so much harder to get through. I only tend to go through mascaras because I have such problems with my eyes (mostly due to allergies and sometimes infections) that I don't keep them more than 3-4 months even if I haven't used them up.
Would love to hear what you used up this month! Let me know or share your post in the comments so I can check it out!
All opinions are my own. Products were purchased with my own money unless stated otherwise. I was not compensated in any way for this post.