Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Was It Worth It? - Thoughts on November's Purchases

I am really enjoying going back and reviewing purchases I made a few months back.  In addition, it keeps me on track when I see how many items I have or have not used since buying them.  It is time to let you know what I thought of the items I bought in November of 2016.  You can check out the haul post here.


Birchbox - I bought these few things to use up the last of my points.  I am currently using the Marcelle cleansing water (which I absolutely love) to remove makeup and eye makeup.  The Tea Tree Oil is something I use every day on problem areas of my face that tend to break out so I will always repurchase.  The Lip Lush was a free gift with purchase and I have yet to even open it.


Ulta Purchase - The hairbrush was for my daughter and she is loving this brush.  It makes brushing her hair much less painful.  I have finished the cotton rounds and loofah already.  The Hand Food was in my recent February empties.  So I am happy to say this was a very thoughtful purchase as these items are not still sitting around unused.


Sephora - I bought a few items during the VIB sale.  I love the Marc Jacobs gloss in Taboo and need to wear it more often.  I also purchased the Hourglass Ambient lighting powder in Dim Light.  I have really tried to make this work and I think I am going to return it.  It is way too pink for my skin tone and looks very unnatural.  I am very sad that it doesn't work since everyone loves these so much.  The rest of the items were samples and I have worked through quite a few of them during #foilfebruary.


Sephora - This was my Black Friday purchase.  I needed a replacement for my Beauty Blender and then I bought cotton rounds to get to the amount needed for the sample bag.  I am on my last set of these cotton rounds and just repurchased a bunch more.  I have been using the Sephora beauty sponge and it just isn't the same as the Beauty Blender.  It works okay but I wouldn't repurchase it and think the Beauty Blender is definitely worth the money compared to this one.


Sephora Black Friday freebies - Some of these samples I used during #foilfebruary and others I will continue to pull out and work through this year.  You can check out my Instagram (@lovetobebusyblog) for reviews of what I used during #foilfebruary.


Sephora Play Box -
I have finished the Caudalie Sorbet Moisturizer.  I really liked the consistency and it didn't break me out but I have a lot of skincare to use up before I'd consider purchasing a full size.
I also used the Stell McCartney Pop perfume and loved that too!  I might purchase a rollerball of the scent after I use up a few perfumes I have around.
I really liked the gloss, I just haven't used it much.  The other items, I haven't tried yet.

I am happy to see that I am doing better with using the items I purchase compared to when I started these reviews.  I think it also helps that I am more mindful of what I purchase and the timeframe in which I will use it.  I'm not purchasing items years before I might need them anymore.  I hope you are enjoying these reviews of the products as well.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All purchases were made by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment