Sunday, March 12, 2017

New to Me in February

Happy weekend to you all!  We have had a busy weekend of state gymnastics meet for my daughter, recovering from a time change, and much more!  We are also supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow starting tonight and possibly 6-9 inches!  It is too late in the season to be getting that much snow!

I do have a few purchases from February to share with you.  I even have a few splurges from this month instead of just necessities:)


Ulta Purchase #1:
These two items were necessities since I ran out of both hand cream and concealer for my face.  I picked up the Ahava Hand Cream (I adore this scent...so good!) and the Essence Say No to Imperfections concealer stick.


Ulta Purchase #2:
I am platinum at Ulta so I received a coupon for the Benefit Professional for the birthday gift and also a $10 off any purchase coupon.  With the $10 off, I splurged on the Tarte Don't Quit Your Day Dream palette (which I am loving) and I bought the NYX Stay Matte not Flat powder to try since I feel the powder I have been using is too dark for me.


Ulta Purchase #3:
I also received a coupon for 20% off everything including prestige brands (which doesn't happen too often at Ulta).  I am almost out of my current night serum and want to try something that might help some of my wrinkles (the one on my forehead seems to deepen daily lol).  I have loved the Juice Beauty products I've tried and wanted to try the serum in this kit.  Instead of paying over $70 for the serum, I figured I'd try them all out with the $50 kit.  The peel in the small jar was a free gift.


Ulta Purchase #3 cont.:
I have done a great job of cutting down on purchases in body and hair care in the past year.  I am actually on my last body wash so I bought this one to try out next.  I am hoping it helps with the texture and breakouts I get on my body (especially when I'm consistently sweating during workouts). I also bought a hand cream to get to free shipping since the Ahava one I bought at the beginning of the month was not a very large size.  The other two items were free samples.


Julep Maven Box:
I am loving the Julep box.  One of my favorite parts is that you can customize it to include different products or swap out products each month.  If you follow me on Instagram (@lovetobebusyblog) you saw the nail shade on the left which is a deep blue.  I also posted this eyeliner as one of my favorites during February.  This box comes at the very beginning of each month so I have gotten a lot of use out of the eyeliner since it arrived.  I also love that you can skip a month with this service.  I haven't gotten a chance to use all of the colors I've received in the past few months so I may skip the April box.


Sephora Play Box:
This was a pretty good box this month.  I've already used the Nars Velvet Lip Glide and really like it! I also tried the Too Faced lip gloss and have had to declutter it.  I can't do the plumping feeling that the product has.  It makes my lips actually hurt.  I love the eye cream from Origins and will definitely try out the mascara.  I have a larger size of the Clinique item that I have yet to try out too.  I am on the fence about this product and here is why...
I was having a lot of issues with my skin for awhile.  I had a lot of breakouts and many of them were large and just kept recurring.  If you follow @imalilcupcake on Instagram, you know that she is very careful with her skincare so I sought out her advice.  She recommended a website that lists acne triggers for many products.  So, I have been checking out all of my products.  If I start using something and it breaks me out, I immediately check out the triggers.  It has stayed pretty consistent that anything with an acne trigger number of 3 or higher makes me break out.  This moisturizer has acne triggers at a 5.  So I am very hesitant to try it out.  I'll keep you posted.

During the month of February, I took in 23 items (through purchases and samples).  I spent $94.51 which is my highest amount in quite a few months.  Overall for the year I have spent $105.09.  This does not include Birchbox, Sephora Play, Julep Box because they are all prepaid.  It also does not include what I purchase with gift cards from other people.  What fun new items have you purchased to try lately?

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment