Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Lancome Don't Glow It Alone Box

I was super excited to have a box arrive from Influenster a few weeks ago.  The box included a variety of products from Lancome.  If you haven't heard of Influenster, it is free to sign up.  You can take surveys or do a variety of tasks on the website.  Sometimes, they will send you boxes of products to try out for free.  I have gotten a few boxes in the past, most recently Make Up For Ever lipsticks to try out.  These products were sent to me for free for testing purposes by Influenster.


There were four products in the box.  Teint Idole Ultra Makeup Stick, Teint Idole Ultra Wear camouflage, Click and Glow, and Le Metallique.


The Teint Idole Ultra Makeup Stick is a stick foundation.  I do like that is has some SPF in it as well. This foundation is light to medium coverage for me.  I really like how it applied, the coverage level, and it wore pretty well throughout the day.  I was sent the shade 140 Ivoire.  The shade is a bit dark for me (although I chose based upon other shades I wear at Sephora) but it will work once I get just a bit of color.  I can make it work now although the color is just a bit too different between my face and neck if I do.  I applied this to my face from the stick and then blended out with a brush.  I love the easy application and it blended well.  This foundation retails for $42.00 at Sephora.


I also received a concealer.  I have the shade 110 Ivoire.  This is too dark for my under eye area and there is only one shade lighter so I am not sure they have anything fair enough for me in this particular product.  However, it works for areas on my face.  A tiny bit goes a long way and I think this will work well when I have problem areas on my face that I need to conceal.  A full size is $31.00.


The next product is the Click and Glow Highlighting Skin Fluid.  This is the shade Lumieres Rosees. This product looks a lot more intense that it does when it blends out.  I find that once I blend it out, I almost get more of a color to my cheekbones than a shimmer.  It isn't a great color for me as it looks kind of muddy and grey once I blend it out.  I will continue to play with it though because it is a very pretty color to see if I can get it to work.  This product retails for $23.00.


The final product in the box was the Le Metallique Lip Laquer.  This shade is Mirrored Nude and it is definitely metallic.  I find it to be quite sticky as well.  I do love the shade and find it feels less sticky if I put it over a matte or other lip product with a dry formula.  I have been pairing it with the PBJ Smoothie Stick in Raisin the Roof that I received in a Birchbox awhile back.  It gives a very pretty pale lilac shade.  This retails for $22.00.


Swatches from top to bottom: Lip Laquer, Highlighter, Concealer, Foundation

Overall, I love the foundation stick and might look for a better shade match if they have one.  I think the stick is so easy to use and it was a good amount of coverage for me.  The concealer gives good coverage and does not wear off during the day so that is a win too.  I like the shade of the lip laquer and can make it work if I layer it with other products.  The only product I am on the fence about is the highlighter so I'll continue to play with it.

Heather

*These products were sent to me complimentary for review from Influenster.

2 comments:

  1. I have the worst time finding a concealer that's light enough, but not too light for my under eye area. The click and glow highlighting fluid sounds like it could be really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I am always on the hunt for my perfect concealer and I haven't found it yet. The highlighting pen is fun to play with!

      Delete