Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Beauty Empties - February

I am excited to post my empties this month because I have quite a few products that I thought I would finish in January that are finally done and I can now include in my totals.


Haircare empties:
Detox dry shampoo - This left a very heavy white cast that was hard to work in.  I would not purchase full size but I am glad I was able to try it out since many people like it.

Kenra Finishing spray 26 - I liked this hairspray a lot.  It held my look but wasn't too heavy.  I would consider purchasing this in a full size when I finish the hairspray I'm using now.  But I didn't love it as much as the Oribe I finished in January.

Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle - I like this leave in conditioner.  I have had quite a few samples before from Birchbox.  It smells like candy.  I won't purchase a full size just because I am done with Birchbox.  This was part of my Sweet on Project Panning challenge so I'm happy it is finished.

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair deep conditioning mask - This wasn't any good.  It was very thin, didn't coat my hair very well, and I didn't notice that it did anything.  I wouldn't purchase this.


Skincare empties:
Bioderma Sensibio H20 - I really liked this!  I used it to remove makeup before I cleansed my face.  It didn't bother my eyes at all so I was also able to use it as an eye makeup remover.  I would purchase this but there are lots of other drugstore cleansing waters I want to try first.

Kiehls ultra facial oil free gel cream moisturizer - I love gel moisturizers for my oily skin.  This tub lasted me quite awhile and worked well as my morning moisturizer.  I have some others to work through and have others I'd like to try before I'd consider repurchasing.

Derma E hydrating night cream - This was a good nighttime moisturizer.  It didn't make me oily or break me out as some of the heavier creams can sometimes do.  I am looking into more anti-aging properties in my skincare lately so I don't think I'd purchase a full size.


Makeup empties:
Stila Huge mascara - This was okay when I first opened it but it got better as it dried out.  It makes my lashes thick and long.  My only issue is that I find that it smudges onto the area below my lower lash line even though I don't use it on my lower lashes.  For that reason, I'm not sure I'd buy a full size.  However, my overall feelings on this have improved since I tried a different sample awhile back.

Smashbox Photo Finish more than primer in Blemish Control - I like this because it is a lotion instead of silicone primer.  Unfortunately, it does nothing to keep my breakouts away even though it has salicylic acid in it.  For that reason, I will look for another primer with a similar lotion consistency instead of repurchasing this one.

Stila lip glaze in raspberry sorbet - This was also in my Sweet on Project Panning challenge so I was happy to finish it.  It is also my first finished lip product of 2017!  I really like these Stila lip glazes and might purchase more one day after I work through many more lip products.

Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer in light warm - I really liked this concealer.  It worked well under my eyes and on my face.  I have scraped all that I can out of the inside without taking out the stopper and I was able to use it for almost 6 months so that is good for me.  I'd repurchase this concealer.


Other empties:
Sephora cotton rounds - My favorite.  You all know that.

Soap and Glory Hand Food hand cream - Everyone raves about this and it is good.  Not sure it is that good though.  I'm sure I am in the minority but I was not as crazy about it.  I don't think I would repurchase.

Tory Burch in Love Relentlessly - No.  Too floral for me.

Replica Lipstick On - I like this scent but wasn't sure I really loved it.  Then hubby complimented me one morning and said I smelled really good.  He hasn't done that with a scent I've tried in awhile so this might need to be a purchase!

I finished 12 full and deluxe sized items this month.
I also finished 41 samples as part of #foilfebruary which brings my total to 53 for February!
The total for February was $117.50 because I had quite a few full size skincare and makeup items.

For my total dollar amount, I have changed it from how I have counted in the past.  I don't have time to break down every single sample.  If it came from Birchbox, I am counting it as $2.00 since I pay $10.00 and get 5 products (2.00 each).  With Sephora, it is being counted as $2.50 since I pay $10 and get 4 products (I don't count the perfume samples in my totals).  If it was a free sample or a gift, I am not including it in my total.  I will include the price of the full size if I bought it myself.  Hope that helps explain it a bit.  It is less time consuming and still allows me to count what I actually spent.

For the year I have 66 products used for a total of $152.49.

What have you finished lately?

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment