Thursday, February 23, 2017

Birchbox - February's Box and January Reviews

Apparently my goal of keeping up with blog posts is going very well.  I set my calendar for the month and laid out all my posts and then I fall behind with my weekday posts.  I'm trying to work through ideas to keep up with a more regular schedule.  And, as always, if there is anything you would like to see, please comment below and let me know.

In 2016, I really loved most of my items and boxes that I received from Birchbox, especially for the first three quarters of the year.  They had some great curated boxes and, even when I didn't choose the curated box, I really enjoyed what I was getting.  Unfortunately, the same can't be said for my boxes lately.

February's Box..

The card for February hinted at a lip theme as the card said "Let your lips do the talking with this month's samples."  However, only two products were lip related so I am a little unsure about the theme.

BioRepublic Skincare pomegranate crush illuminating fiber mask - I am not a big fan of sheet masks but I will use this at some point.  Full size is $14.95.

Davines SU Hair and Body Wash - I'm looking forward to trying this out because I do like Davines products.  I'll most likely use this as a body wash (not in my hair).  Full size is $24.00.

Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm - This was the sample I chose because I wasn't super excited about the other options and I know I'll use a lip balm.  Full size is $16.50.

Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre - I'm not sure this will be good for my oily skin but I will give it a try.  It claims to be a moisturizer and primer.  Full size is $28.00.

LAQA & Co Avo Lip Butter in Ninza - This is much darker than any lip shades I wear.  Yes, I could branch out but I know what I like.  I thought it might be sheer since it is a lip butter but it is actually very pigmented.  I'll pass this along to someone who prefers this shade.  Full size is $25.00.

January's Box Reviews...


Coastal Scents Blush and Bronzer palette - Included in this sampler of the palette was a blush and highlighter (not bronzer as the box would suggest).  I really like both of the products.  The blush is very pigmented and the highlight is nice and subtle.  The one thing I dislike about these face samplers is that the sizes are hard to get a face brush into.

I have not tried the other products in the box this month.  The lip liner is a nice nude color, I just don't tend to wear lip liner.  I think my lack of excitement over the products means that I just don't rush to try them out.  As I have said in the past, I only have a few months left of Birchbox.  I am debating moving Sephora or Julep boxes to their own posts instead of including them in hauls so let me know your thoughts on that.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment