Sunday, February 5, 2017

Beauty Empties - January

Happy Sunday to you all!  I hope you all have exciting Super Bowl plans.  We will just be hanging out at home but hubby is making a super yummy meal and has been smoking a pork shoulder all day.

I did not use up very many products in January, kind of disappointing actually.  However, there are quite a few that are almost finished so hopefully February will be better.  I'm also working on #foilfebruary so that will help my totals.  At this point, I don't have products around anymore that are partially used so I don't anticipate as many empties each month since I am starting with full products.

Here are the few items I finished in January...


Kiehls Calendula herbal-extract toner - I tried this toner out because it is made for normal to oily skin and is supposed to help keep skin clear.  I did like it but it is not as good as the Mario Badescu Glycol Acid Toner so I won't repurchase.

First Aid Beauty face cleanser - This is a good basic cleanser but it can be a bit drying for me in the winter.  I will definitely use samples when I get them but it isn't a cleanser I would purchase.

Benefit Gimme Brow - I love this product for my brows.  I had the shade 1.  I am very lazy with my brows and only use this to fill them in.  While this is pricey, this deluxe size lasted me at least 6 months so the full size is definitely worth it.  I will repurchase at some point unless I try something I like better.


Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream - Not a fragrance that made an impression on me.  But I didn't hate it enough to toss it before it was finished:)

Versace Bright Crystal - Again, nothing special. And this one didn't seem to last very long either.

Oribe Superfine Hair Spray - I loved this stuff!  It is expensive but I might splurge on it one day.  I am on my last hairspray in my stash so I will need to purchase something in the next few months, although I'm not sure it will be this.


Vitabath body wash in Beach Blossom - I loved this scent!  I really liked these body washes and will repurchase other scents (and maybe this one) at some point.  I am happy to say that I am on my very last body wash now so I will need to purchase one in the next month or so.

Sephora Cotton Pads - I love these!  I think at least one pack show up every month in my empties.  I stocked up a few months ago but I will need to repurchase soon!

I am going to keep track of total used, but in a different way.  I do not have the time to calculate the price of samples based on the full size.  And technically, I didn't pay for the samples anyways.  So, I will not include those in my total used.  As for deluxe sizes, if they were free, they won't count.  If they were in Birchbox or Play, they will count as $2.00 or $2.50 since the boxes cost $10 and have 4-5 samples.  I will include the total if it is a full size product.  I hope that make sense.

That means my total used for January was $34.99.

Totals for the year -
Products:  13 (2 full size, 3 deluxe size, 8 samples)
Money:  $34.99

Thanks for stopping by!
Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me. I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment