Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Was It Worth It? - Thoughts on September's purchases

It has been a few months since I made my purchases in September so it is time to give some reviews to you all.  Hopefully I have used quite a few of them this time:)


My first purchase was from Sephora.  I love their cotton rounds but I also picked up the Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector.  I finished my Pixi concealer and have been really enjoying this Becca one.  I find it to be more hydrating than the Pixi one and it does brighten under my concealer while also covering some of the blue/purple in my dark circles.

I have used the Caudalie serum sample and really liked it.  I would consider purchasing it when I need a new serum.  I have not used the other samples yet.


This was the sample bag that came with the above purchase.  I have passed along the mascara because I am not a fan of it.  I have been using the Beauty Blender Solid cleanser and really like how well it cleans my beauty blender.  I recently tried the Origins vitazing moisturizer and I hate it.  It has a tint to it but it makes me very dark and very orange.  I will be decluttering it.  The have used the Belif moisturizer in the past and I do like it.  There other products I have not used yet.


My second purchase was from Ulta.  I needed a new nail tool and I had extra points on Mario Badescu so I picked up my favorite toner.  I have not used this bottle yet but it was a repurchase that I know I love.  I'm really looking forward to finishing up what I am using now and getting back to it because I think it did good things for my skin.


My other Ulta purchase in September was the Lorac Mega Pro 3 palette.  I have never bought a Lorac palette (I do have one small trio) but I really loved the colors in this palette so I had to pick it up.  I had points to use so I got it for a little cheaper too, which helped.  I love this palette!  I don't use it as often as I should but the colors are so pretty and I love the looks I get when I use it.

I have used the Bliss sample and I wasn't a fan.  It is more of an exfoliator than a daily face wash.


Last, was my Sephora Play box for the month.  I have passed on the Tattoo liner because I don't use liquid liner.  I have used the Sheer transformation in the past and I do like it (although not enough to go out and purchase a full size).  I am trying to finish up the few moisturizers I already have open before I use this one.
I am using the Perfect Hair Day Night Cap as part of my January Use It Up.  I do think that my hair feels softer after I wash and dry it when I use this the night before.  It is in my Use It Up just because I tend to forget about it and want to make sure I am using it.
I really like the Sephora lipstick.  It is sheer and doesn't last long but it is very comfortable.  That is my kind of lipstick.
I am not a fan of the Anastasia clear brow gel because it makes my brows feel crunchy.  However, I am using it right now in my brow routine to try and get some use out of it.
The cologne sample is in my pile to use up this year.

I am glad to see that I have used a few more of the products this month than I have been in the past.  Go me:)

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment