Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Sweet on Project Panning Intro

Hello again!  I was planning to get my Project Use It Up for January up next but I saw this seasonal challenge come up on Youtube the other day and thought I would join in.  I like to participate in at least one seasonal challenge at a time because it encourages me to use up more products, especially makeup that I don't usually put in my Project Use It Up.  So, I'm going to get my intro up for this project and then you'll see Project Use It Up in a few days.

The title of this seasonal challenge is Sweet on Project Panning and it is a large collaboration on Youtube between many who project pan.  If you search for the title of the project, their videos will come up (little hint, I always sort by upload date so I get the most recent ones).  The challenge runs from January 1st until February 28th.  You are to pick 5-6 products with the goal that they have some sort of sweet or candy theme.



I thought I would start by showing you the page in my beauty notebook for this project.  I have listed out all the products with my goals for the project.  For the one item, I also left room for a progress marking at the bottom of the page.  Adding a goal for each item is something new I decided to do.
So here is what I chose and why it fits the theme...


1.  Mario Badescu Strawberry Tonic Mask - I am including this mask because it smells like strawberries.  As of the start of the project, I haven't even opened the mask and it is a full size product.  I know I won't use the whole thing but my goal is to use the mask at least once a week and see how much progress I can make.  I am really bad at using masks so remembering to do it once a week is a good goal for me.

2.  Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle - This is included because it smells like cotton candy.  This product is also unopened but is a deluxe size.  My goal is to finish the product by the end of the project.


3.  NYX single eyeshadow in White Pearl - I included this shadow because it looks like frosting or marshmallows (thanks to some of the Youtube ladies for the idea).  This shadow was in a project I worked on in 2016 and I made a really good dent in it.  I will use this shade all over my lid to set my primer.  I hope to finish this shadow in the next two months, but it might be cutting it close:)


4.  Stila Lip Glaze in Raspberry Sorbet - Since it is pink and the name is ice cream, I thought it was a lip product to include.  This is a deluxe size lip glaze and I can usually finish a full size in a few months so I hope to finish this one in the two months that the project will last.


5.  Soap and Glory A Great Kisser lip balm - This is included in the project because it smells like peaches.  My goal is to clear out the left size of this tin.  I would like to finish more but it takes forever to use up a tin like this so I'm hoping the left size isn't too optimistic.  I have had this lip balm a long time and it needs to get finished up this year.

6.  Chapstick in Cake Batter - This smells like...cake batter (who knew?:) so I thought it was a great item to include.  I use this every night before bed and a full size chapstick usually takes me 3-4 months to finish when I use it nightly.  I don't remember when I started this so I don't know if I'll finish it but I should get close.

So, these are my six products for this project.  If I can hit my goal on 5 of the 6, I'll call it a success.  I will do one update at the beginning of February, unless I'm seeing a lot of progress for 2 week updates.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment