Monday, January 30, 2017

Pan That Palette 2017 - February Update

Guess what!?  The sun came out this morning!  Guess what else?  It was cloudy by the time I got home so my pictures are dark once again.  Ugh!

This is my February update for my Pan That Palette for the year.  I am one month into this project.  You can check out my intro here.  I am continuing to work on my Tarte Matte-nificent palette from 2016 and also focusing on my Naked palette since it is the oldest palette I own.  My goal is to pan as many shadows as possible so I will be throwing in other shadows as we go, especially if they are close to being finished.  In addition, I am rotating through blushes in an attempt to work through them as well.

Here is what I ended up using in January...


The top of the pictures is where I am at with the Tarte palette.  I use these as transition shades in my crease, the dark purple as liner, and the light pink on my brow bone.

The Stila In the Light palette was not included at the beginning of the month.  However, I was so close to finishing Kitten during the month that I started using it to try to finish that shade.  As you can see, it has a tiny bit left and will be finished off in the next few days.

I am using the darker shade in the Formal Eyes palette from Coastal Scents in my crease.  I am not using the cream shade at this time because I have a shadow in my Sweet on Project Panning seasonal challenge that I am using all over my lid to set my primer.  When I finished that, I'll go back to working on this cream shade.

The blushes I included were Laura Gellar in Tropic Hues and NYX in Mauve.  If you saw my new post, Letting Go, you saw that I decluttered that blush.  If you missed that post, you can check it out here.  The blush had no pigment ( I am guessing due to age) so I chose to get rid of it.

My planned palettes and blushes for February...


I will continue to work on the Tarte palette and the darker shade in the Coastal Scents duo.  Because the pan is so small and it was a free sample, I will not repress the shadow in the duo.  I will use as much as I can without ruining my brush.  That being said, I hope I can consider it finished this month.

I hope to use more of my Naked palette this month since I ended up adding in other shadows in January.

I am definitely seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with that Laura Gellar blush and feel like I could be close to finishing it.  However, I am tired of using it at the moment and so I'm going to set it to the side and I'll come back to it another month.

For this month, I am going to use the blush in the Tarte palette which is the shade Elevated (I have looked and have not seen it sold as a full size blush).  I will also be using the Cargo blush in Bali which is a little more peach for some variety.

I would love to hear what you are panning!  Oh, and if it is sunny where you are:)  Please send sun!

Heather

*All products were purchased by me.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.



2 comments:

  1. UHHH you made GREAT progress on that Tarte palette between your into and now!!

    ReplyDelete