Sunday, January 22, 2017

Letting Go Vol. 1

I'm going to start a new type of post on the blog.  I usually throw in my declutter items at the end of my monthly empties post.  However, I sometimes feel as though these products warrant their own reviews and explanations as to why they didn't work for me.  Also, they aren't really empty so it doesn't always make sense to lump them in with that type of post.  So, I'm going to call these Letting Go and share products I am letting go of even though they are not empty.  This may not be a monthly post depending on how many products I have, if any.

Disclaimer:  Just because these products didn't work for me, doesn't mean they won't work for you.  We are all different with different preferences.  I am just sharing why I have opted to move these products out my collection.  In addition, with panning and trying out new products, I have elected not to keep products around unless I absolutely love them.

The products I am letting go of this month are...


1.  Origins Vita Zing sheer tint release - I was excited to try out this product because I love light/medium coverage products versus full coverage foundations.  This also has an SPF of 15 which is great for every day in the winter when I am not outside often.  The problem with this is the tint.  I am fair skinned and this was way too dark and too orange for me.  I looked like an oompa loompa so it must go.

2.  Mally Age Rebel concealer - I bought this concealer a very long time ago for my face.  I have tried several times over the last few years to use it and I have finally given up.  This is very thick and I find it looks unnatural on my skin.  I have the shade light.  I also find the shade tends towards a very yellow tone which also isn't great for my skin tone.

3.  NYX blush in Mauve - I included this as one of the two blushes I was going work on this month in my Pan That Palette post at the beginning of the month.  I believe this blush just got old.  I can't tell you when I bought it and I know I have never used it.  My brush picks up very little product and what it does pick up, does not show up on my cheeks.  I feel like I am ruining my brush trying to get enough product on it so this is going to go.

4.  Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant in Pure Vanilla - I have been trying out natural deodorants and am just not finding one that works for me (yet).  I had this on for about 6 hours before I could really smell myself (eeeewww!).  Now, I do sweat a lot during the day (just how I am) and I do work out almost daily so I need something pretty powerful.  I will continue my hunt but this just did not work for my body.

I hope these reviews are helpful for you.  I am always trying to find some new things to add to the blog and give some variety to my posts.

Thanks for reading!
Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment