Saturday, January 21, 2017

Birchbox - Reviews and January's Box

Happy weekend to you all!  I am happy to report that it is sunny out this morning!  It has been weeks of cloudiness so it was wonderful to enjoy my coffee with some beautiful sunshine this morning.

December was a bit of a crazy month around our house and so I never posted my December Birchbox and November reviews.  I will let you know what came in my January box and then I will review both November and December for you.


The theme for January is New Year New Perspective.  Products I received this month:
Arrow Endure Water Resistant Mascara - full size $20
Coastal Scents Blush and Highlighter Duo - full size $19.95
English Laundry Notting Hill Femme perfume - full size $25-$90
ModelCo Lip Enhancer Illusion Lip Liner - full size $20
Nuxe Moisturizer Cream Creme Fraiche de Beaute - full size $34

I have to say, I'm not very excited about most of this month's box.  My pre-paid yearly subscription will be up this spring and I'm not too sad about it at this point.  The blush and bronzer duo is the product I am most excited about.  I find with these sampler duos though, it is hard to get a brush into the small pans to use the product effectively.

I will start with November reviews...


Chelle eyebrow pencil in tantalizing taupe - I am not really an eyebrow pencil person.  However, I recently ran out of my Gimme Brow so I started using this paired with an eyebrow gel.  I am getting the hang of it and it is an easy pencil to use (meaning I haven't totally messed it up yet:)  The full size is $18.

Marcelo New-age LumiPower 3-in-1 moisturizer - I was very excited to try this out because I usually love Marcelle products.  Unfortunately, I was not a fan of this product.  It clogged my pores and I got little tiny breakouts in places that I don't usually break out.  I ended up getting rid of it before I even finished it.  The full size is $26.

Oribe Superfine Hairspray - I loved this hairspray!  It gave me hold without being crunchy or sticky.  It is pretty expensive for a hairspray with the full size being $22-$33.  I have found a lot of other hairsprays that are less money that work well.  But if I want to splurge at any point, I'll pick this up.

Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's invisible oil - I have not tried this product because I have similar products that are already open that I want to finish first.  I do like hair oils for controlling frizz so I will definitely use this at some point.

Coola Mineral SPF 30 daydream makeup primer - I have not tried this product either because I have other primers I am trying to use up.  I will definitely update when I try this one out.

Now for December reviews...


I have to say that I have yet to try out any of these products.  I am trying to be better about not having a bunch of products open because then I end up throwing them away.  They usually go bad before I finish everything I have open.  I can say that I have tried the Real Chemistry Luminous 3 minute peel in the past and I do like it.  It was my sample choice for this month's box.  You apply it, let it sit and then you rub it off and it kind of balls up to exfoliate your skin.  My skin can be sensitive and this doesn't bother me, so it is a win.

Part of the reason I am not subscribing to Birchbox any longer is because I just have too many products.  I am not using them up (or even opening them) in a timely fashion and they are just piling up.  Focusing on using up more products over the past few years has shown me how long it really takes to go through products and, while I enjoy the fun mail, I don't need to keep collecting products I don't open.

Thanks for reading!
Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment