Thursday, December 15, 2016

2017 Beauty Goals

Since we are about halfway through December already (Yikes!), I thought I'd share some goals for 2017.  I will say that some of these aren't set in stone, especially where it comes to blogging.  However, I have some ideas so I thought I would share them.  Also, I love lists and goals so these are my favorite posts:)

My goals comprise the first section of my beauty notebook.  I will post what I am including in my beauty notebook in the next few days so you can see all of it.


1.  Finish as many shadows as possible.  I will continue working on the matte shades in my Tarte Mattenificent palette since I still have a ways to go on that from this year.  Instead of adding another palette for Pan That Palette, I am just going to try to finish as many as possible.  I will try to focus a lot of my energy on my Naked palette since that is the oldest palette I own.

2.  Budget - Spend money on items I really want to try.  In an effort to cut back on spending this year, I tried to limit myself to $25 a month.  Some months it worked really well, others it did not.  Instead of placing a limit, I will try to keep my spending to items I really have been wanting to try.  For instance, I would like to try out some drugstore mascara, I want to try the Cover Girl BB cream, and there are others as well.
In addition, I am going to work on my skincare stash.  I need to get over the feeling that I need to buy many backups.  I would like to get to the point where I have one of each product (excluding samples that come in) and I don't think about replacing it until it is almost empty.  I don't switch around my skincare like I do my makeup so I really don't need a lot of extra products around.

3.  Continue Project Use It Up - This has really helped me focus on products and also incorporate other items like perfume samples and foil packets to work through them.

4.  Continue small seasonal projects - This is usually where I incorporate more makeup items to try to finish them up.  It is also fun to join in the IG and Youtube community with these projects.

5.  Focus on 2 blushes each month.  If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I did a huge lip product declutter this fall and got rid of shades that didn't work for me, were old, etc.  I am going to focus on 2 blushes each month for this same purpose.  I may end up keeping all of them, I may not, but I have neglected a lot of them and want to try them out.

Blog Goals:  These are some areas I would like to focus on this year for the blog posts.
6.  Be more consistent with my loves post.  Some months I did these and others I did not, so I'd like to make sure I am sharing what I am loving with you every month.

7.  Review new products more often - dedicate an entire post if necessary instead of just haul reviews

8.  Haul posts - I am trying to decide whether I purchase each haul separately or do one big post at the end of the month like I have been.  Weigh in with your thoughts in the comments if you have a preference.

9.  Blog post of blushes and eyeshadows I will be focusing on for each month - also a work in progress, we will see if this works out.


The next page is more specific product goals.  I buy a lot of skincare to try, maybe more than makeup.  And so I have so many face washes, moisturizers, etc. to work through.  One goals is to finish my face washes before buying more.  This may take all year, I don't know for sure.  At the beginning of 2017, I will write in the number I am starting with.

I would like to finish 15 lip products.  I have finished at least 10 this year so I am going to aim higher for next year.  This includes chapstick, lip gloss, lipstick, any of it.

Finish all perfume samples from 2016.  I say 2016 because I want to start with those that are oldest.  If I get any in 2017, I will add those to the end if I finish all the others.  That being said, if I hate a fragrance after I try it, I will toss it.  I'm not going to hate how I smell all day just to finish a perfume sample.  Again, I will write in how many I have when 2017 starts.

Pan as many shadows as possible.


In an effort to keep my lip product stash from going crazy again, I am going to limit how many I can bring in.  For every five I finish, I can purchase one from my list.  That way, by the end of 2017 I might have a more manageable number.

That is it for the goals section of my notebook and what I am focusing on in 2017.  I would love for you to share some of yours or give some feedback for me!

Heather

2 comments:

  1. Your goals always seem so organized. I'm now trying to work through products instead of buying more. I really want to declutter my lip products but I don't even know where to begin.

    Also, I like the hauls at the end of the month like you have been doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the feedback. I think I will stick with one haul post. I recently did a lip product declutter. I chose one a day to play with and decide if I liked the color and formula. Then I either decluttered it or kept it. It took at least a month but I did really weed them out. Good luck!

      Delete