Since we are about halfway through December already (Yikes!), I thought I'd share some goals for 2017. I will say that some of these aren't set in stone, especially where it comes to blogging. However, I have some ideas so I thought I would share them. Also, I love lists and goals so these are my favorite posts:)
My goals comprise the first section of my beauty notebook. I will post what I am including in my beauty notebook in the next few days so you can see all of it.
1. Finish as many shadows as possible. I will continue working on the matte shades in my Tarte Mattenificent palette since I still have a ways to go on that from this year. Instead of adding another palette for Pan That Palette, I am just going to try to finish as many as possible. I will try to focus a lot of my energy on my Naked palette since that is the oldest palette I own.
2. Budget - Spend money on items I really want to try. In an effort to cut back on spending this year, I tried to limit myself to $25 a month. Some months it worked really well, others it did not. Instead of placing a limit, I will try to keep my spending to items I really have been wanting to try. For instance, I would like to try out some drugstore mascara, I want to try the Cover Girl BB cream, and there are others as well.
In addition, I am going to work on my skincare stash. I need to get over the feeling that I need to buy many backups. I would like to get to the point where I have one of each product (excluding samples that come in) and I don't think about replacing it until it is almost empty. I don't switch around my skincare like I do my makeup so I really don't need a lot of extra products around.
3. Continue Project Use It Up - This has really helped me focus on products and also incorporate other items like perfume samples and foil packets to work through them.
4. Continue small seasonal projects - This is usually where I incorporate more makeup items to try to finish them up. It is also fun to join in the IG and Youtube community with these projects.
5. Focus on 2 blushes each month. If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I did a huge lip product declutter this fall and got rid of shades that didn't work for me, were old, etc. I am going to focus on 2 blushes each month for this same purpose. I may end up keeping all of them, I may not, but I have neglected a lot of them and want to try them out.
Blog Goals: These are some areas I would like to focus on this year for the blog posts.
6. Be more consistent with my loves post. Some months I did these and others I did not, so I'd like to make sure I am sharing what I am loving with you every month.
7. Review new products more often - dedicate an entire post if necessary instead of just haul reviews
8. Haul posts - I am trying to decide whether I purchase each haul separately or do one big post at the end of the month like I have been. Weigh in with your thoughts in the comments if you have a preference.
9. Blog post of blushes and eyeshadows I will be focusing on for each month - also a work in progress, we will see if this works out.
The next page is more specific product goals. I buy a lot of skincare to try, maybe more than makeup. And so I have so many face washes, moisturizers, etc. to work through. One goals is to finish my face washes before buying more. This may take all year, I don't know for sure. At the beginning of 2017, I will write in the number I am starting with.
I would like to finish 15 lip products. I have finished at least 10 this year so I am going to aim higher for next year. This includes chapstick, lip gloss, lipstick, any of it.
Finish all perfume samples from 2016. I say 2016 because I want to start with those that are oldest. If I get any in 2017, I will add those to the end if I finish all the others. That being said, if I hate a fragrance after I try it, I will toss it. I'm not going to hate how I smell all day just to finish a perfume sample. Again, I will write in how many I have when 2017 starts.
Pan as many shadows as possible.
In an effort to keep my lip product stash from going crazy again, I am going to limit how many I can bring in. For every five I finish, I can purchase one from my list. That way, by the end of 2017 I might have a more manageable number.
That is it for the goals section of my notebook and what I am focusing on in 2017. I would love for you to share some of yours or give some feedback for me!