Friday, November 18, 2016

Was It Worth It? - Thoughts on July Purchases

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week!  Things have been crazy and I know they are going to get busier with my daughter starting competition season for gymnastics and the holidays approaching.  Unfortunately, fall as decided to arrive today as it went from 65 to 45 in just a few hours:(

It has been a few months and it is time to review the purchases I made in July.  July was the month I attempted to not buy anything...at all.  I almost was successful since I only made a few clearance sale clothing purchases.  I did not buy any extra beauty products beyond the subscription boxes I got that month.  Therefore, the only item in my haul that month was my Sephora Play Box.


The first item I received was the Ouai wave spray.  I have very straight and thick hair.  It does not wave no matter how much product I put in it.  So I have passed this item on to someone who can use it.

Next I had Dew the Hoola liquid bronzer from Benefit.  I can not use this as a bronzer.  It is not a good color match for my pale skin.  However, I have started using it to darken up my It Cosmetics CC cream in fair so it is a better match.  I tried this after seeing a few people on Youtube using it for this purpose.  This is not a product that I would purchase a full size of.

The First Aid Beauty Cleanser is a good basic cleanser.  It removes makeup and cleans my face.  I'm not sure it is better than other cleansers I have tried for a less expensive price tag.  However, it has been nice to have around for my makeup bag when I travel.

I also received the Smashbox photo finish face primer.  I am not a huge fan of silicone primers and have not opened this one yet since I have another one I am trying to finish.  However, I will use this up at some point but I wouldn't purchase it myself.

Finally, my fragrance sample was the Nest Citrine fragrance. I love this fragrance.  It doesn't last a long time but it is a nice fresh scent.  I have had samples before from Sephora orders so I knew I liked it.  I haven't used this one up yet but I will soon.

So, that is it for my products that I hauled in July.  It wasn't one of my favorite Sephora boxes but it is always nice to try samples before you buy a product.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment