Thursday, November 3, 2016

October Beauty Empties

Time again for some empties...I love empties:)  You will also notice over future posts about my empties that I am including products that I am decluttering.  I don't often think too much about what I am taking in and figure I will use it someday.  However, I have been working on going through my lip products and getting rid of ones that I don't like the color, formula, etc.  I am feeling very good about my choices and I am going to be carrying that over to other areas.  As I find items that I just won't use, I will be decluttering them rather than putting them to the side.  I will also be looking at products as I do my inventory in the next month or so for 2017 so that I'm not holding on to items I won't ever use.  In cases where possible, I am passing unopened items along to others to try out.

Well, that ended up quite the explanation...on to October empties.


Skincare Empties:
SeaRX anti wrinkle creme - This was a sample from Birchbox.  I didn't notice any difference and the sample was only about half full to start with.

Sephora cotton rounds - My favorite...I'll be purchasing more with the VIB sale this month.

Mario Badescu aloe lotion - I tried out this toner because it was recommended by the Mario Badescu website when I did my skin analysis.  I really liked it and I would use it again.  I also like the Glycolic toner and have that one (and a few other brands) to use before I'd purchase this one again.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil - I use this every day on the areas of my face most prone to breakouts.  I will always repurchase.

DermaE evenly radiant brightening serum - I bought this as an alternative to the Ole Henriksen one that I like.  I don't notice my skin looking that much brighter, however, I have been using a brightening serum for quite awhile now so I doubt I would see much difference unless I stop using one for awhile.  I would purchase this one again.


More Skincare Empties: - I'm trying to work through some deluxe sized cleansers
pur-lisse gentle soy milk cleanser - This was okay.  It cleaned my skin and didn't irritate it but wasn't anything special.

Nude omega cleansing jelly - I felt like this slipped right off my face before I had a chance to work it in.  It didn't get my face clean.

Key West Aloe cleanser - This was another random Birchbox sample.  It was okay.  It cleaned well.  Nothing special.

Bioderma sebium H2O - This sample was nice.  I was able to use it on my eyes as well without it stinging.  This one says purifying cleansing on it so I assume that is the difference between the green and the pink.  I am using a bottle of the pink one now.  I have a lot of cleansing waters to use up before I would need to purchase one.


Makeup Empties:
Marcelle BB cream golden glow - This was extremely dark.  It worked for my skin tone for about a day after being in the sun.  I mixed it in with a foundation that is too light for me just to use it up.  I also felt like the glow part of it made me super oily as the day went on.  I wouldn't purchase.

Bare Minerals Pop of Passion in pink passion - This was a lip balm type lipstick.  It was okay.  I have another sample I will be passing on to someone instead of using.  It was a pretty pink shade for summer.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance - This worked well for my eyelids.  I wasn't greasy and my eyeshadow lasted.  I have other primers to use before I would need to purchase one.

Juliette Has a Gun in Not a Perfume - I really love this scent but it doesn't last long enough to spend the money on it since it is expensive.

Bare Minerals Bareskin perfecting veil in Light to Medium - This powder was okay.  I didn't think it was anything special.


Lip Product Declutter - This were all items I tried (to refresh my memory why I bought them) and didn't want to keep for a variety of reasons.  You can check out my Instagram (@lovetobebusyblog) for more reviews of these products.

I finished 18 items this month and decluttered 7 for a total of 25 products.
Life has gotten busy lately and I have not had time to be keeping track of the dollar amount of what I have used.  I need to go a bit lower maintenance with some things and that had to go:)

Empties, decluttering, and budgeting has me thinking about 2017 so stay tuned for those plans in the coming months.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment