Sunday, October 23, 2016

October Birchbox and September Reviews

I haven't been super excited about the sample choices lately for Birchbox so I have chosen to be surprised.  Because of my lack of excitement about the sample choices, I haven't had high hopes for my box either.  However, I was pretty happy with my October box because it contained a lot of skincare which I enjoy trying out.


October's theme was Soothing Standouts.
I received:
Clarins Multi-active Day all skin types - $53 full size
Hustle Butter Luxe - $25 full size
Juice Beauty cleansing milk - $22 full size
LOC vibrant matte lipstick in wildest creams - $8 full size
Tat Harper Resurfacing mask - $58 full size
Parlor by Jeff Chasten volumizing and texturizing conditioner - $22 full size
Clarins booster energy - bonus item not listed on the card

I'm excited to try the Clarins products and I like Juice Beauty as well.  I won't use the red lipstick and am not even opening it so I can pass it on to someone else.  I don't understand why they don't include more neutral lip shades in their boxes.  I would get much more use out of them, but maybe I'm in the minority.


Now on to September's reviews...
I truthfully didn't use much from this box yet.  I didn't want to open the mascara since I am working on 2 others right now.  I'll try this one out next though.

I tried the Bioderma and I really liked it.  I got more uses out of this sample than I thought I would.  I'm currently using the Bioderma in the pink bottle and I like that one too.

I liked the Milk highlighter stick.  I used a stipple brush to apply to my cheekbones and it looked nice without being too shimmery and crazy.

I didn't open the DermaE microdermabrasion because I have used it before and I know I like it.  I will definitely use it, I just didn't want it to go bad by opening it yet.

I didn't use the cleansing conditioner because the idea just doesn't excite me.  I'm afraid my hair will feel dirty but I'll give it a try one day soon.

September's Birchbox wasn't super exciting for me when it arrived and I think that contributed to my lack of excitement over trying out the products.  I am working hard towards using up lots of my samples and deluxe sizes as I get them so hopefully I will get to these soon.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment