Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Was It Worth It? - Thoughts on May Purchases

Time for a few reviews of recent purchases.  These are items I purchased in May so I've had a couple months to use them (maybe:) and let you know what I think.


#1 - Younique
A friend of mine had a Younique online party and I had never tried any of their makeup.  I bought a brow gel which I haven't used yet because I didn't want to open it and have it dry out before I finished my Gimme Brow (which means I really didn't need it in the first place).  I also bought a lip gloss.  It is a very nice formula and I would like to try other shades one day.  The shade I have is a milky light pink.


#2 - Sephora
I had ordered a few gifts and these were the samples I had included with the order.  I really wanted to try the BareSkin foundation.  I have used this and found it did not work well with my oily skin.  It ended up breaking me out so I decluttered it.  I have also used the Nest Citrine fragrance and loved it.  I still have a few of the samples to work through.


#3 - Kiehls
I picked up this Kiehls toner with the purpose of having it as a backup toner.  Well, I still haven't finished the one I have been using so I have only used this once or twice.  I am almost done with my current toner though so I should be using this soon.  The toner and lotion samples were okay but nothing I'd purchase.  I haven't used the lip balm yet.


#4 - Sephora Play Box
I have used the Maskimizer once with the charcoal mask that came with it.  I have used the Korres mask once.  I decluttered the Tarte lipliner because it was very dry and not a good formula.  I haven't used the rest of the products.
This was my first Play box and I wasn't impressed but I am happy to say they have been much better and I am finding that I am using the products a lot more than I did with these.

Once again, a few items here I purchased and haven't used yet.  I am on month 3 of really trying to cut down on my spending for this reason and I think I'm doing pretty well.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.




No comments:

Post a Comment