Sunday, September 11, 2016

New to Me in August

I am happy to say it has finally cooled off a bit here and is feeling more like fall.  We turned off the AC, opened the windows, and I have my fall scents burning in my Scentsy warmer.

After no beauty related purchases in July, I did pick up a few things in August.  However, I am proud of myself for not going overboard and not being sucked in by all the extra goodies and sample bags that keep popping up.  Just to review or if you are new here, there are some items that I do not count towards my spending because they are necessities and I do not hoard them (some skincare items, cotton rounds, nail polish).  Most makeup items, face wash, body wash, and lotion would be examples of items I do not need more of (because I have a million already) and so they do count towards my spending.


Purchase #1 - Birchbox - No cost to me! (Free with points)
I had about 400 points in my Birchbox account.  With the points now expiring, I wanted to be sure I didn't lose any of them.  And I won't really be earning any more points for reviews so I figured I'd use up what I had.  I bought the DermaE makeup remover as a backup to the one I am using now.  I also bought the Caudalie micellar cleansing water to try out and my favorite Ruffian Varnish topcoat.  The other items were two free samples which I wasn't super excited about.


Purchase #2 - Sephora - No cost to me! (I don't count cotton rounds since they are necessity)
At the beginning of August, one of the new Sephora 100 point perks was a sample of the new Bare Minerals Gen Nude liquid lipsticks.  Since everyone had been talking about them and I am a big fan of a nude lip, I wanted to give them a try.  Sephora cotton rounds are my favorite and I always like to make sure I have plenty on hand so I ordered a few packs, threw in the 100 point perk and the other few items were my free samples.


Purchase #3 - Walgreens - $4.79
I had seen this lip balm advertised in magazines recently and I loved the sound of it so I had to pick it up.  I debated buying a few since it is limited edition but I did very well and only picked up one of them.


Purchase #4 - Coastal Scents - $7.68 including shipping
I have a few besties on IG who rave about the Coastal Scents hot pots.  In August, they ran a sale where they were .99 each.  So I picked up a few colors to try out and the sample quad was a free gift with purchase.


Purchase #5 - Ulta - No Cost (The Tea Tree Oil is a necessity since I'm almost out and the chapstick is for hubby)
One day in August, Ulta offered 10x points on certain items and 5x on everything else.  The Tea Tree Oil was one of the 10x items and I was in need of a new one so I grabbed it.  The chapstick was 5x points and everything was free shipping so I picked this up for my hubby.  The other items were free samples.


Purchase #6 - Sephora - No Cost (concealer was a need)
I am working on using up my Urban Decay concealer which is the only undereye concealer I currently own.  I can not be without concealer so I always make sure I have a backup on hand.  I tried the Nars concealer awhile back and the lady in the Sephora I went into did not color match me very well and it led to me not being very happy with the concealer.  So, while near a Sephora store recently, I went in and had the sales associate help me choose a different shade to try out.  I also grabbed the LaVanila deodorant because I have not tried a natural deodorant before.

For the month of August, I only spent a total of about $16.00 (I bought another lip balm for $4 that isn't pictured).

I am very happy with how I did and I am trying very hard to stick to necessities going forward.  I need to get out of the mindset that I need to be Ulta Platinum and VIB again...it would definitely help.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment