Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Finish 50 by Fall Finale

I know the first day of fall is Thursday but I finished up this project today and thought I would share my finale with you all.

I started this project back in May with 50 products.  I had them broken down into categories.  Some were foil packets and some were deluxe sized samples.  I also included up to 5 perfume samples as bonus items to help me reach 50.

Here is what I have finished since my last update in August.


Smashbox photofinish primer - I don't like this.  You've seen it included in posts before and my thoughts haven't changed.  But I still have a ton of samples of this to finish.

Laneige Water Bank Soothing Gel Mask - I don't like sheet masks so I wouldn't buy this.

Ahaha Night Cream - This felt very nice but wasn't enough to tell if the full size would be worth the price.

Dermaclear micro water from Dr. Jart+ - I loved this stuff!  It removed makeup and didn't sting my eyes so I didn't need a separate eye makeup remover either.  I'd consider purchasing it when I'm in need of a cleansing water again.


Aloe sheet mask - See mask post above:)  Happy to say I only have one sheet mask left in my stash after this project.

Argan hair mask - This made my scalp itch.  I wonder if it doesn't like argan oil since the other mask did the same thing.

Origins checks and balances - This cleaned okay but I wasn't a big fan of the tingle, especially around my eyes and I'm not going to use a different face wash just for my eyes.

Boscia charcoal cleanser - I loved this stuff!  It is definitely on my to buy list once I get through some cleansers.


Parlor volumizing spray - This was okay.  I didn't notice that it did anything special.

Tata Harper regenerating cleanser - I don't get the hype around Tata Harper.  I wouldn't buy this.

MyChelle Refining Sugar Cleanser - I really love this stuff.  My gripe is that it seems to dry out quickly.  I might look into the full size packaging and see if I think it would make a difference.


These are the only items I did not finish.
Too Faced lipstick in Naked Dolly - I did make some progress on it.
Bare Minerals Pop of Passion - This is almost done.  I hope to finish it this month.
Murad vitamin c peel - I used about 1/3 of this product.  I'll continue to use it once a week until it is finished.
Manna lip stain - I never even got to this one.

So, I started the project with 50 products and 5 bonus perfume samples.
I finished 46 of the products and 4 perfume samples for a total of 50 products!!

I'm hoping to finish the two lipsticks I started and the peel in the next few weeks and have those out of my collection as well.  My goal going forward is to include 2-5 foil packets in my project use it up each month so I can continue to clear them out.

I had debated a finish 7 by 2017 for the fall/winter.  However, a few youtube ladies have posted a Cross 6 off your Christmas List project so I might do that one instead.  I'll decide and post it in the next few days or so.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment