Monday, September 5, 2016

Beauty Empties - August

I hope you have all enjoyed your holiday weekend.  My first day of school with students is tomorrow so I have relaxed a bit and also done my prep for lunches and breakfasts for the first week of school.
Being the beginning of September, it is time to share with you my August empties.  Quite a few of my empties this month were sample packets and deluxe sized samples from my Finish 50 by Fall project.  I talked about the products in that post which you can view here so I won't be talking about them again in this post.


Makeup Empties:
Mally Volumizing Mascara - I love this mascara and have purchased it multiple times.  I have some mascaras to use up but this would definitely be a repurchase.

Benefit Porefessional License to Blot - This is an oil blotting stick that I was trying to use up forever! This does make me appear matte when I apply it, however, it also clogs my pores in the areas where I apply it and I think it makes those areas appear cakey.

ModelCo shimmer bronzer - This lasted me a good year of every day use!  It was shimmery but I didn't notice it once I applied the bronzer on my skin.  This was a good shade match for me, not too orange.  I'll never finish the bronzers I have so I won't be purchasing this one any time soon.

Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium - This is my favorite brow product.  I have yet to figure out how to fill in my brows with a pencil so this gives me a bit of color and fill in and I can't mess it up.  I am using another sample but then I have some others to try out before I would repurchase.  I hear Essence makes a good dupe.

Mac ProLongwear concealer in NW 20 - Everyone raves about this concealer so I had to give it a try since my dark circles are insane.  It was nice but I don't think it was any better than the Maybelline FitMe for the price.  I don't see myself repurchasing this one.

Maybelline Lash Discovery mascara in black - This is my holy grail bottom lash mascara and I will always repurchase.


Skin and Body Empties:
Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine hairspray - This is my favorite hairspray and I have gone through a few of them.  I am trying some new ones out but I would definitely go back to this one.

Mayfair body creme in Sea Lily Jasmine - This came in a Target box and smelled so good!  I used it as a body lotion and it was on the thicker side and very moisturizing.  It would make a good hand cream too.  I would purchase this one day when I need lotion or hand cream again.

Tocca hand cream in Giulietta - This hand cream smelled nice as well but I didn't like the formula as well as the Mayfair one.  It sunk in quickly which was nice but then my hands didn't feel very moisturized.

Kiehls Precision Lifting and Pore-Tightening concentrate - I liked this serum and it didn't make me oily.  There is a precision lifting concentrate with out the pore tightening part and I would consider purchasing it in the future when I need a serum.

Clean Blossom perfume - This scent was really nice.  I love the Clean perfumes because I never find them very heavy or strong.


Lots of cotton pads....if you've been around, you know the Sephora are my favorites.  I purchase the Ulta ones when I need extra for an online order free shipping.  The Target ones are okay, again, I'll grab them if I'm running low.
The reason for so many empties now is that I keep a basket in my bathroom filled with cotton rounds and it all depends on when I fill it during the month.  I haven't used many of the Sephora rounds but since I emptied them into the basket, I include it as an empty.


Decluttered products:
Mary Kay Satin Hands - I pulled this out to use before bed and it is just too old and separated.  Reason why I am trying to reign in my purchases and use items before they expire.

MadGab chapstick - I bought this on vacation when my other chapstick ran out.  The more I used it, the more chapped my lips got so it has to go.

Pantene airspray hairspray - The nozzle on this is horrible.  I can't use it.

August Recap:
I used 23 products (7 full size, 10 deluxe, and 6 samples).  I decluttered an additional 3 products.
My total used for the month was $114.62.

I have used 173 products with a total of $854.91 for the year.

I added in 37 items through subscription boxes and a few purchases.  Some of the items were free with Birchbox points and a few purchases were necessities.  I only spend $16.29 on items I didn't really need:) which you will see in my haul coming up soon.

This month was feeling very slow but once I added everything up, I was happy to see 23 empties.  I have quite a few skincare items that are close to being finished so I hope to have some great September empties for you!

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment