Sunday, August 7, 2016

New to Me in July

I started out July deciding to give a No Buy a try.  My goal was no unnecessary purchases whether it be makeup, clothes, stationary...all the things I love but don't really need more of.  I did pretty well, just a few clothing purchases that I know I will get a lot of use out of and were on sale.  I didn't purchase any makeup!!

Due to that fact, the only items I have to share that were new to me in July are the items I received in my Sephora Play box.  I haven't posted separately for these boxes like I do Birchbox since everyone has been receiving the same products and have just been including it as part of my haul post each month.


This month Sephora changed things up a bit and sent out different boxes.  There were two different boxes that I know of.  The products that were different were the cleanser, primer, and bronzer.  You had one of each category but the exact product was a bit different.  For instance, I received a liquid bronzer and some received a powder bronzer.

Ouai Wave Spray - I have very straight, thick hair so these often don't do much for me.  I'll give it a try though since I haven't been drying my hair this summer and see how it goes.

Benefit Dew the Hoola - I have tried this bronzer once and it isn't too bad.  The Bareskin one in June's box was a bad color for me but this one seems to be better.  I need a second stipple brush so I can use this and my cream blush without washing my brush every single time.

First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser - I have had deluxe samples of this face cleanser before and it is a good basic cleanser.

Beauty Blender Blotterazzi - I'm not big on blotting or touching up during the day (combo of too busy and too lazy...lol) but I'll try this out and see how it works.

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer - I'm not a fan of this primer since it has that heavy silicone feel which I don't like much.  However, I'm sure I'll use it up at some point.

Nest Fragrances in Citrine - I love this fragrance!  I had a sample a few months back from a Sephora order and I love the citrus, fresh scent of this.  Excited to have another sample to use.

This was an okay box for me this month.  But any beauty subscription service can be hit or miss depending on your personal preference for products.  I'll update you in a few months!

And like I said above, due to my no buy in July, this was the only makeup that I bought.  I'll have more to share in August, don't worry:)

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for not buying anything! I am trying to plan for not buying anything come the month of September, but I think I am already cheating because I just stocked up on everything I need so I don't run out come September! I am going to have to get better at this...making my cheater self laugh over here! Thanks for the read, lovely!
    xoxo,Simona and Indre

    www.sistertalessite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that when I first started too:) Each month I give it a try, it gets a bit easier. Good luck in September!

      Delete