Tuesday, August 2, 2016

July Beauty Empties

This seemed to be a slow empties month for me, probably because I haven't been wearing much makeup or perfume with these crazy hot temperatures.  The only thing I've been good about is maintaining a skincare routine to keep my oily summer skin under control.  So, that is where most of my empties are.


Fresh Soy Face Cleanser - I really like this cleanser.  It is a good daily cleanser that doesn't dry out my skin.  One is the deluxe sample from Sephora birthday gift and the other is a smaller size I bought.  It is quite expensive for a cleanser and I do have a lot to work through.  But I do really like it and might repurchase one day.
Formula 10.0.6 Wipe Your Face Off  - I really liked these makeup remover wipes.  I bought them for a few trips we were taking and I found them to be very saturated and did a good job of removing my makeup.  I'd definitely repurchase if I was traveling and needed wipes again.
CeraVe Healing Ointment - I used this on my cuticles at night and it was okay.  I don't think it moisturized for that purpose as well as other creams and oils I have tried.  It is greasy so keep that in mind if you're looking for a product like this.


The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil - This is a holy grail product for me.  I use a Q-tip to apply it to areas that tend to break out the most for me (like my chin).  I think it does help keep my skin clear and will continue to repurchase.
Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate - I am not usually a big fan of oils on my face but I really liked this one.  It felt drier than most oils I have tried ( I don't know if that makes sense) and absorbed quickly.  I have serums to work through still but this is a good one for night time.
Algenist Eye Renewal Balm- I was looking for an eye cream and bought this on a recommendation when Sephora had a set at the holidays.  This was definitely moisturizing for my eye area.  I didn't really notice any other benefits ( I would like some anti-aging/wrinkle help) so I will continue to try out other eye creams.
Bath and Body Works Pink Sugarplum lipgloss - This is crazy old but it is finished.  I kept it on my desk at work for awhile and then in my purse awhile.  They don't even have these anymore that I could find...this one had come in a holiday set.


These are all items I am decluttering.  I went through all my perfume samples and I just didn't like these scents so they aren't worth keeping around.
Clinique lip gloss - mostly gone but is old and separating and looks gross so it is going
Bareskin serum bronzer - not a good color match for me.  I look dirty and I had to take all my makeup off and start over...no good
Supergoop setting spray - These setting sprays are a wonderful concept, especially in summer.  However, I have tried this one and the Coola one and they both sprayed out very blotchy and goopy as opposed to a nice fine mist that covered my face.  Maybe they can work on the pumps for these and improve them a bit.

As always, there are some other empties (mostly foil packets, maybe a few deluxe sizes) on my Instagram.  It would be too long of a post if I did all of them on this blog.  You can find me @lovetobebusyblog to check out those empties.

I used up 17 products this month and decluttered 6 for a total of 23 this month.
The monetary total was $64.38
Year to date, I have 150 empties and $740.29 used.

I am happy to say I held to my makeup no buy this month and didn't buy a thing! (I didn't count subscription boxes since if I cancelled Sephora Play for a month I might never get it back!)
I started -$33 from my June spending spree:)  I added in my $25 July budget (which I didn't spend) and I am at -$8 going into August.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I never really understood what exactly emptying make up containers was...until now after reading your blog!!! What an absolutely awesome challenge! I have recently started saving money in any and every way possible and can't wait to add this to my list! So glad I ran into you from a mutual friend in Instagram!
    xoxo, Simona and Indre

    www.sistertalessite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Yes, it definitely helps to save money when I'm using items up instead of buying more. Good luck!

      Delete