Sunday, August 28, 2016

Finish 50 by Fall Update #3

Summer is starting to wind down around here.  My husband and daughter have both gone back and I start this week.  However, since fall is my favorite season, I am very excited about fall clothes and fall weather arriving soon.  This is update #3 for my Finish 50 by Fall project.  I began this project in May and you can check out my most recent update here.  I have a month left of this project and I'm not positive I will finish all the items so let me fill you in on my progress.

The most recent items I have finished...


27.  Dr. Jart+ water replenishment mask - I don't like sheet masks so it is a no for me.
28.  Kiehls powerful strength line-reducing concentrate - I really liked this although it wasn't enough to tell if it actually helped my skin.  I might try it again in the future.
29.  Kiehls ultra facial oil free lotion - I prefer their gel version of this moisturizer.  It is lighter for daily use on my oily skin.
30.  Clinique moisture surge - This was fine at night but too thick for me to use regularly.
31.  Makeup Forever lip gloss - I really liked this gloss.  I included it in a recent loves post over the summer.


32.  Maybelline dream velvet foundation - I put this in the project in place of a Bare Minerals foundation that was breaking me out.  This foundation was too thick for me.  I didn't feel like it blended well and looked unnatural.
33.  Kiehls ultra facial cleanser - This was a good basic cleanser similar to the First Aid Beauty cleanser.  I have a million cleansers to work through but this was a good one.
34.  Tarte lipgloss in exposed - I liked this gloss because it was easy to swipe on and a natural color.  Again, I have a million glosses to work through before I'd consider purchasing this.
35.  Coroliss argan hair mask - I did not like this mask.  It made my scalp itch.

Now let me show you the items I am currently working on....


Parlor Voluming spray - I have less than half left in the bottle.  I just need to dry my hair so I can use it instead of hair drying.
Boscia detoxifying cleanser - I am about halfway finished with this cleanser.
Tata Harper cleanser - I am trying to use this every few days.  I only have a few uses left in the bottom of the jar.
Dr. Jart+ dermaclear - I really like this cleansing water.  I just have a tiny bit left in the bottom (you can see my progress mark at the bottom).
Origins checks and balances cleanser - I recently started using this one when I finished the Kiehls.  I'm pretty sure it will be finished in a month.
I also have the last 3 foil packet samples that I'm working through right now.


I am working through the Bare Minerals pop of passion and Too Faced Naked Dolly lip products.  Both were full when I started so you can see a bit of progress on each.  I don't know that these will be finished in a month.  It will be close.


These are the 5 products I have yet to touch.  I can use the sheet masks in the next month without a problem.  I don't know about having time to finish another lip color and face cleanser.  I just need to pull out the Murad and I think I can get close to finishing it.

I have now finished 35 out of 50 products and 3 perfume samples (bonus items).

What I've finished in the categories -
Face Primer - 4/5
Lips - 2/5
Body - 5/5 **done
Face wash - 2/5
Night Cream - 4/5
Face - 2/5
Hair - 3/5
Sheet Masks - 3/5
Makeup - 5/5 **done
Face - 5/5 ** done
Bonus perfumes - 3/5

I'm beginning to think about what my next project might be as this project comes to an end and I finish most of these products up.  I'm excited to have almost 50 items out of my collection!

Heather

* All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment