Sunday, July 17, 2016

Was it Worth It? - Thoughts on March's Purchases

Back in April, I decided to start posting what I bought each month.  In April I started with what was new to me in the month of March.  You can check out that post here.  When I started those posts, I had a request to do a follow up post with my thoughts on those purchases.  I gave myself 3 months to use the products from my original post.  So, each month going forward, you should see my thoughts on what I purchased three months ago.


My first purchases were a Glycolic Eye Cream and Strawberry Tonic Mask from Mario Badescu.  The rest of the items were samples.
My Thoughts:
I am using the eye cream now and it is very thick but seems to do a good job of moisturizing.  We will see if I notice effects after weeks of use.  I haven't used the mask yet as I am trying to finish up other masks first.
I tried the Almond and Honey scrub, the Botanical Exfoliating Scrub, AHA botanical body soap, and enzyme cleansing gel and none of them were products I would purchase based on the samples.


I also purchased some items at Ulta with points.
My Thoughts:  
I really like the Tarte mascara.  I haven't actually used this tube because I had some older mascaras to finish up first but I know I love it.
I really like the Tarte Tease palette.  It is great for travel and has nice neutral colors I can wear every day.
The primers are blah for me.  I wouldn't buy them.


I had coupons for my birthday for Ulta and purchased a few items.
My Thoughts:
I like the Buxom palette in May Contain Nudity a lot.  I have been using it as my crease and lid shades along with the Tarte Matte palette that I'm panning this year.  They blend nicely and are my perfect neutral browns.
I bought the Living Proof styling treatment because I really liked a sample I had.  However, I have yet to use it (this is why I'm really trying to control my purchases).
I love the NYX high voltage lip color in Flutter Kiss.  It is a great neutral.  The Bare Minerals gloss was the birthday gift that month and I haven't really used it, but I do like the shade.


Finally, I purchased some items from Birchbox with another birthday coupon.
My Thoughts:
I love the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint.  It gives me the perfect amount of light to medium coverage.  The color leans a bit yellow but I like it because it neutralizes some of my redness and still looks like a good color match for me.
I also purchased the Air Repair Rescue Balm.  I use this primarily on my cuticles but the whole family uses it on dry patches and raw noses when we have colds.  I've purchased this over and over.
The extra box was a gift with spending $50.  I have not used the sheet mask yet (it is my finish 50 by fall project).  I have finished the Ayres Body Scrub (nothing special) and I am using the Frat Boy blush, Loc shadow stick, and Davines styling product.  I'm liking all of them.

Overall thoughts...
As I prepared for this post, I realized how much I buy that I don't use right away and often don't get to after a few months when I have so many products in a category (like the styling treatment).  I hate to see open products sit and go bad so I try to avoid opening something if I won't use it up right away.  But that also means, that I probably don't need to buy it in the first place.

Items I know I'd definitely recommend from what I've used so far are the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint, NYX Flutter Kiss high voltage lipstick, Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara, Tarte Tease palette, and the Buxom eye shadows.

Stay tuned and we will see how April's haul goes next month.  I'll be interested to see if I've used more of the products.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment