Tuesday, July 19, 2016

July Birchbox and June Reviews

Can we take a moment to talk about how it is already the middle of July?  Where has the summer gone?  I still have lots of closets I planned to clean out and I'm running out of time:)  That being said, let's move on to Birchbox for this month.

If you missed my June post, I talked about changes Birchbox is making to their points system.  You can check that out here.  With having a year long subscription, I am technically receiving boxes through next spring.  I did read where people were canceling their yearly subscription early and Birchbox was letting them.  For now, I am going to hold out and we will see how I feel in a few months.

I will start with what I received in my July box...


The sample choice for July was a mascara.  There were a few options to choose from.  I went with one from the brand Marcelle because it wasn't one I had tried before.

Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris perfume - full size $65-$110
MD Solar Sciences Mineral Creme SPF 50 broad spectrum sunscreen - full size $30
Balance Me Radiance Face Mask - full size $34
Cargo Blush and Bronzer Duo - full size $35
Marcelle Xtension Plus Curl Mascara - full size $14

I am excited about the face mask because I have had Balance Me products before I liked.  I love Marcelle skincare so I'm excited to try makeup from them.  I'll use the Cargo duo although the packaging makes the products a bit hard to use.  The other stuff is kind of blah.  Just because it is summer, doesn't meant I want a sunscreen in every single box all summer long.  Between Sephora Play and Birchbox I think I've gotten 5 sunscreens or something.  Too much!

Now on to reviews of the products in June's box...


Avene Thermal Spring Water - I haven't opened this yet.  I've had it before when I subscribed to Ipsy. I just use it as a makeup setting spray and I don't need one right now.  I'll use it eventually.

Lavanila The Healthy Sunscreen Sport Luxe Face and Body Cream SPF 30 - Remember my sunscreen comment above?  Haven't even opened this one because I have a bunch of other ones open to finish.

Benefit Gimme Brow in 1 Light - Gimme Brow is my brow product of choice.  I tried this out a bit (even though I have another one open) because my understanding is that they changed their brow product formulas.  This one does seem a bit crunchier after it dries?  But I need to play with it a bit more.

Kiehls Precision Lifting and Pore-Tightening Concentrate - I really like this serum, but there aren't too many Kiehls products that I think are bad.  I don't have a large enough sample to say for sure that it is making a difference in my wrinkles, pores, and tightening.  However, I have some serums to work through and then I'd consider buying this to try out more.

The Beauty Crop PBJ Smoothie Stick - I love this product.  I have the color Raisin the Roof.  It is a great neutral color that I love.  It applies and wears very comfortably.

3 out of 5 products is pretty good for a box.  The other ones aren't bad either, just not something I'm super excited about.  The lip crayon looks to be full size at $14.95 and the Kiehls serum is $64 for a full size so this small sample is still pricey and definitely boosts the value of the box.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment