Thursday, July 21, 2016

Finish 50 by Fall Update #2

Time for an update on my Finish 50 by Fall seasonal project.  I began this project in May so I am about halfway to the September finish date.  I posted my first update back in June which you can check out here.  This is my second update for the project and I am a little more than halfway to my goal of 50 samples.

Let me show you what I finished since the last update...


14. Tate face powder - I mixed the fair and light shades and it worked well.  I liked the powder.
15.  Urban Decay Anti-Aging primer - I liked this sample better than the Eden one but the original is still my favorite.
16.  Davines Minu conditioner - This was for colored treated hair which I don't have, but it worked fine on my hair.
17.  Sephora blush - This blush is very pigmented and I really like it.  I'd purchase it if I didn't have enough blush to last a lifetime.
18.  Mario Badescu Botanical exfoliating scrub - This was a thicker consistency and I used it on my arms and legs in the shower.  I'd consider purchasing it.
(The origins mask was not part of my project so I'm not counting it)


19.  Lancome Visionnaire nuit - I loved how nice this cream felt on my face but it was too heavily scented for me.
20.  Ayres body polish - This smelled like a men's cologne and wasn't better than the Mario Badescu one above or Tree Hut that I usually use.
21.  Davines Minu conditioner - another sample of this....same thoughts as above:)
22.  Mario Badescu almond and honey scrub - This was hard to rinse off and the almond pieces were too large to feel like they were exfoliating anything.
23.  Algenist Ultimate Anti-aging cream - I loved how this felt on my skin.  I have a lot of night creams to finish but I'd consider splurging on this one.


24.  Sephora Rose mask - This wasn't too heavily rose scented which was good.  I didn't notice much brightening effect and I don't like sheet masks so I wouldn't buy this.
25.  Kiehls Ultra Facial oil free toner - I had a sample of this in update #1 as well.  I still prefer my Mario Badescu toners to this one.
26.  Los Poblanos lavender lotion - This was a free sample from my hair salon.  I love the smell of lavender so I loved this but it was very thin consistency and not very moisturizing.


These are items I am working on from the project but haven't finished yet.  I've used the Tata Harper cleanser a few times but it is an exfoliating cleanser so I can't use it every day so it will take awhile to finish.  I marked on the Dr.Jart cleansing water, Makeup Forever lip gloss, and Kiehls face wash where I am at.  I plan on these being finished by the next update.  I have also used my Too Faced Naked Dolly lipstick a few times but not enough to show any progress.  I also have a few hair products I am working on too.
I had to declutter a foundation sample from Bare Minerals because it broke me out badly.  I am subbing in a different foundation sample from Maybelline in the makeup category.


As a reminder, I started with 10 categories of 5 products each.
I have now finished a total of 26/50 products and 2 perfume samples which I am counting as bonus items.

What I have finished in each category:
face primer - 4/5
lips - 0/5
body - 5/5***Done!
face wash - 1/5
night cream - 3/5
face - 2/5
hair - 2/5
sheet masks - 2/5
makeup - 4/5
face - 3/5

Thanks for stopping by!
Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.





No comments:

Post a Comment