Friday, June 17, 2016

Finish 50 by Fall Update #1

I had great intentions of posting some updates over my vacation in California and it didn't happen.  So you'll see a whole bunch from me over the next few weeks as I catch up on all the posts I had planned.

First up is my update for Finish 50 by Fall.  This was a project I started in May in an effort to use up some samples and deluxe sized products.  You can see my intro post here.

I'm not going to review all the products in the project each month.  I will just show you what I have used up towards my 50 products.


Quick recap of the products:
Porefessional - I don't have large pores and don't feel a need for this primer (although I have a million samples)
Scentsy body souffle - I liked this product but have a lot of body lotions to use up
Hourglass mineral veil - I don't get the hype or the price
Kiehls ultra facial oil free toner - I like this product and have another sample to use up.  I think I prefer my Mario Badescu toners to this one though.
Kiehls ultra facial oil free lotion - This was good for me at night.  I love their gel one as my daytime moisturizer.


Red Ginseng sheet mask - I didn't like this.  It says not to rinse after but the color of it left my face looking like it was dirty.  And it didn't do anything special.
Pur correcting primer - Way too thick!
Urban Decay eden primer - A little goes a long way, this is super pigmented.  I prefer the original one.
Smashbox primer - Again, I have millions of these samples and I don't really like it.


Mario Badescu AHA botanical body soap - I like the idea of this, especially to keep my skin on my body clear but it was kind of runny, didn't get sudsy, and I needed a lot to feel clean.  I'd like to try another sample though and see if it was just the sample.
Marlowe body butter - I love the scent of this. I also love the thickness, especially for when my skin is very dry in the winter.  I hope to use up enough lotions to purchase this in the coming winter.
Healthy Skin Boosters facial cleansers - I liked how this felt and made my skin feel but I don't think it is better than some other drugstore facial cleansers.
Sephora Total age defy night cream - I loved how this felt on my skin and the texture.  I just wish it didn't smell so strong.

I had started with 5 products in each of 10 categories.  Here is what I have finished so far:
13/50 products plus 1 bonus perfume sample

face primer -  4/5
lips - 0/5
body -  3/5
face wash - 1/5
night cream - 1/5
face - 0/5
hair - 0/5
sheet masks - 1/5
makeup - 1/5
face - 2/5

What seasonal projects are you working on?  Let me know so I can follow along!

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment