Saturday, June 4, 2016

Beauty Empties - May

Time for my favorite post...empties!  I have been pretty consistent with how many products I'm using up with around 25 each month.  I am trying to work through lots of foil samples and deluxe sized samples as part of my Finish 50 by Fall so that might help to move out more products too.


Haircare Empties:
Hair Food Root Cleansing Shampoo - I received this in a box last year (Influenster I think?) to try out and I really liked it.  It isn't a shampoo I'd use every day but I did like it to get a good cleanse every few days or once a week.  I have some other shampoos to work through but I might purchase this as a deep cleansing shampoo.
Parlor Smoothing Blowout Spray - This was okay but nothing special.  I didn't notice it did anything different than other products I use like 12 Benefits.
Soapbox coconut conditioner - This was a Target Beauty Box sample and I wasn't a fan.  It didn't do anything special for my hair.
Tresemme thermal creations heat tamer leave-in spray - This is my favorite heat protectant and I use it every time I straighten my hair.  I have already repurchased.


Skincare Empties:
Garnier clean Gentle Clarifying cleansing gel - This was a nice gentle cleanser and I really liked it.  I kept this in the shower to use as my cleanser.  I have cleansers to finish up but I'd consider repurchasing this one if I don't find one I like better.
Mario Bedescu Peptide Renewal Serum - I bought this last year because I went to Ulta looking for a serum that wasn't super expensive.  I am not a fan of this for my oily skin.  I use this at night and it makes me very oily by the time I wake up in the morning.  Knowing more about Mario Badescu products now, I know that this product is not made for my skin type.  If you have dry skin, this might be for you.  I used this almost daily and it lasted me over a year so definitely worth the money.
Laneige water sleeping mask - This was a nice mask, definitely different for me.  I had never tried a mask you leave on all night.  This was moisturizing and didn't make me oily but isn't a product I feel the need to use at night.
Origins Night-a-Mins - I liked this night cream but not enough to purchase it.  I didn't notice great things although it moisturized okay.
Tarte Amazonian clay double detox mask - I really liked this mask and it made my skin feel nice and soft after I used it.  This is similar to the Caudalie detox mask to me and I prefer the Caudalie.


Air Repair Rescue Balm - I love this stuff!  I primarily use it on my cuticles but we also use it for extra dry patches or chapped lips.  I have already repurchased!
Prada Candy Florale perfume - This was too sweet and floral for me.  Not one I'd purchase.
Replica Beachwalk perfume - I loved this scent!  I have perfumes to go through but I'd purchase this one.
Chapstick - I am still going through all the chapsticks I have around from sales over the years.  Looking forward to being done and trying something else.
Eyeshadow from Coastal Scents sampler quad in Ballerina - This shadow was in my Finish 5 by Cinco de Mayo.  I liked it a lot as a crease shade.  I have a few Coastal Scents palettes to work on using up including this shade.
Air pump - This was a combination of a few foundations I had been trying to use up.  It was too dark for me in the winter so I was able to finish it up this spring.


Not included in my inventory:
I finished up a nail polish remover.  I am not picky with these.  I think I have a generic brand from Target or Walmart that I have opened now.
Ulta cotton pads - These were okay.  I prefer the Target or Sephora ones.
Sephora cotton pads - These are my favorite!!

I forgot to include in the pictures a Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Coconut Lime.  I love the scent of this scrub.  I have some other scrubs to use up but I'll repurchase the Tree Hut brand.

May Update:
Used - 24 products (7 full size, 7 deluxe size, 10 samples)
Total of $126.56 this month, $573.12 for the year

I did very well with my budget this month.  I bought a shave cream and body wash which were necessities.  The only product I purchased that was not needed was a Kiehls lip balm for $7.
I started the month at -$9 and added in the $25 to bring me to $16 for the month.  After the lip balm I have $9 for roll into next month's budget.

I'll post my May purchases soon!

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment