Sunday, June 26, 2016

Bare Minerals Mystery Box

I posted a picture of the Bare Minerals mystery box that I received on Instagram yesterday (lovetobebusyblog on IG).  Last weekend, JenLuvsReviews (youtube) posted that the Bare Minerals mystery boxes were available.  I had gotten this last summer/early fall and it was super fun so I thought I'd grab one again.



The box cost $40 (plus tax) with free shipping.  They can sell out quickly so it wasn't something I could debate, I just grabbed it.  You don't have any control over what they send you but it is usually a good mix of products.  Last year I got a great makeup bag, an eyeliner I really like and some other great products.


Here is what came in the box this time.  They is a lot of variety and great products.  I did try to research them all a bit for you since sometimes they are discontinued products included.  I also have swatches (very amateur swatches:) at the end of the post for you.


These are all the non-makeup products included in the box.  I love the silver makeup bag!  It is a good size for my purse or a short trip.  I received a tapered blush brush, a flawless radiance brush, and a double ended liner shadow brush.  I love the size of the blush brush and flawless radiance brush for travel!  I also received free samples of some of their face products.


Prime Time oil control foundation primer - This is a full size product.  I can find it available at Ulta and Sephora but not on the Bare Minerals website which makes me think they are phasing it out.  However, a full size bottle like this will last me a long time.
Pop of Passion cream blush in Petal Passion - I already have worn this cream blush.  It blends nicely, you just need to give it a little time to set or it feels tacky when applying other makeup.  This product is available on the website, just not in this exact shade.
All Over Face Color in Enchanted Beauty - This is more like a highlighter or blush topper.  It is a pretty pinky rose shade.  Again, this product is available but not in this shade.


Marvelous Moxie lipgloss in Rule Breaker - I really like their glosses and this is a very pretty champagne color that I will definitely use.  This is currently available on their website.
Buxom Full On Lipcolor in Brooklyn - I hear a lot about these lip products but hadn't tried one of them.  This will be a great shade for fall.  It is a bit darker than I usually wear but I think it might work with a lighter gloss for me.  This is available at Ulta.
Eyecolor in Nude Beach and True Gold - I've never tried any Bare Minerals loose mineral products so I'm excited to try this out.  I love the shades for my lid.  Neither one of these specific shades is available on the website unfortunately.
Big and Bright eyeliner in Chocolate - I'm a big brown eyeliner fan.  It is my favorite to wear so I'm excited to have this shade.  The eyeliner goes on smoothly (it is a twist up) and I was able to smudge it out a bit.  These liners aren't available on the website but the Lasting Line ones are also good and still available.
Pop of Passion in Pink Passion - This is one of those oil balms.  I received a sample of this in last year's box also.  I am working through my older sample this summer and it feels very nice on the lips.  This is currently available.


Swatches from bottom (I don't know that I've ever swatched for a blog post so I'll work on them:):
Big and Bright eyeliner in Chocolate
Marvelous Moxie lipgloss in Rule Breaker
Buxom Full On Lipcolor in Brooklyn
Pop of Passion balm in Pink Passion


From bottom:
Eyecolor in True Gold
Eyecolor in Nude Beach
All Over Color in Enchanted Beauty (its the very faint pink)
Pop of Passion blush in Petal Passion

Last year I got a lot of eyeliners (3 or 4) so I'm glad there seemed to be a bigger variety this year.  I like that they include the brushes and makeup bag too.  The bags are very good quality.  I'd definitely pick this box up again in the future when they offer it.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.  All products were purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment