Sunday, May 1, 2016

Project Use It Up - April Update/May Goals

I can't believe today is May 1st!  We have just about 20 days of school left and then it is summer!  Although with our rainy weather and temps in the 40 degree range, you wouldn't know it.

I'm really enjoying participating in Project Use It Up this year because I am focusing more on using items up, especially skincare, instead of jumping in between different items.


I did well with my April goals.  I used up foil packets, deluxe samples, and perfume samples.  I made sure to mask at least once a week to try to work through masks in my seasonal projects.  I didn't add boxes but I did mask more than twice this past month.  My nails are finally in better shape and I did paint them once this past month.

As for my April products, I didn't finish any of the products I've been focusing on for a few months now but I am very close.  I need to be better about using a peel pad once a week before they dry out.  The Exuviance and Garnier are my two cleansers that I am making sure to use each day so I hope they will be finished up soon.  I like them both, I just have other cleansers I'd like to try.


These are products I was focusing on.  I have maybe a week's worth of uses left in the serum (finally!!).  The Night-a-Mins will be gone in about a week as well.  I'm continuing to try to find times to use the License to Blot so I hope it will be gone this month.


These were all the foil samples I finished this month.  I am loving Kiehls and Mario Badescu products so I love that they include packets with their orders so I can try out more products.
Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel - very thick and I didn't feel like it lathered well enough to really cleanse my face.  Not one I will purchase.
Kiehls BB Cream - I loved how my skin looked the two days I wore this.  The fair/light shade wasn't a bad match but I'd like to try the fair shade before I decide if I'd buy it.
Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer with sunscreen - I'm not usually a big fan of moisturizers with sunscreen because they get greasy and oily.  This one was pretty good.  I didn't have any problems with the product.  If I decide to buy a moisturizer with sunscreen, I'll buy this one.
Kiehls super multi-corrective cream - This was a very thick, heavy moisturizer.  I don't have a need for a product like this but if you have dry skin, I'd definitely tell you to try it out.
Skin Food Strawberry Black Sugar Mask Wash Off - This smelled so good!  It made my skin soft but I didn't notice any other effects to persuade me to purchase it.


May Goals are very similar to my goals for previous months.  The overall goals are the same.  I kept the same products to finish and added a two Kiehls products since I think I'll finish my night serum and moisturizer soon.


These are the two Kiehls products I am adding in.  One is Kiehls midnight recovery concentrate and the other is the Kiehls Ultra Facial cream.  The serum is about at the top of the blue label and the cream has been used a few times but is about half full.

How are your product goals going?  I would love to hear all about it in the comments!
Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

1 comment: