Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Beauty Empties - April

I was a little frustrated at the end of March with my lack of empty products.  However, I am feeling much better this month about my progress.  I'll share totals at the end of this post.


Seasonal Project Empties - Spoiler Alert!
Stila Lip Glaze in Sugar Plum - I love these lip glazes and still have quite a few to go through.  This was a nice plum shade but was still very wearable and not too dark.
Stila Balm Lipstick in Gabrielle - I loved this pink shade.  These have the minty feeling on your lips so avoid them if you don't like that.  I have a lot of lip products to go through before I'd consider purchasing this one again.


Benefit Porefessional - This product is okay for me.  I don't have huge pores that I feel I need to cover or blur so it isn't necessary to me.  I won't purchase it.
Benefit Gimme Brow in light/medium - Confession:  I only started filling in my brows in the last year.  It was very intimidating to me but this product makes it very easy for me.  I'm using a deluxe sample now and then I'll repurchase.
Tocca Perfume in Giulietta - This scent was okay but too floral for me.
Tocca Perfume in Isabel - No!  I think it was the rose scent that I couldn't handle.  The whole scent was very strong!  I didn't even use this one, just got rid of it.
Marc Jacobs Daisy - I like this one and would consider purchasing one day if I need a perfume.


Simple Cleansing Wipes - I prefer cleansing or micellar waters to wipes.  I don't ever feel as though they are saturated enough to remove my makeup.
Wilma Schumann Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads - I don't understand the point of these.  They were very hard to get them to stay in place and they kept sliding down my face.  And they didn't do anything noticeable to my eye area.
Pig-nose clear blackhead 3-step kit - These 3 steps take longer than a normal nose strip - about 30-40 minutes total.  However, I did notice that my nose was clearer when I was done.  I don't usually purchase products like this but I'd recommend this one if you do.


12 Benefits instant healthy hair treatment - I loved this product.  I spray it on wet hair before I blow dry and it makes my hair feel soft and it looks shiny.  I have another one of these to use up.
Olay Ultra Moisture body wash - This was okay.  I liked the scent but I prefer a gel body wash to a lotion texture.
Dial body wash in coconut water - I bought a bunch of Dial body wash when it was on sale.  This was my last bottle.  I like that it is a gel and not a lotion.  I'm tired of the product so it'll be awhile before I consider repurchasing.
Beautiful Nutrition grapefruit detox shine repair conditioner - This didn't do anything for my hair so it wouldn't be a purchase for me.
Soapbox coconut shampoo - This was just a basic shampoo and didn't do anything special for my hair.  However, I do love that purchasing a full size Soapbox product helps bring clean water to communities in need.


Miscellaneous Products (not counted in total)-
Sephora Cotton Rounds - these are my absolute favorite cotton rounds!
Stila brush - This doesn't have a number or name (or it rubbed off the handle).  I used this as a blending brush on my eyes but it has gotten old and is shedding so I bought a replacement at the Sephora VIB sale.
Hello toothpaste - I'm including this because I posted on IG awhile back when the company sent a bunch of products for me to try out.  We really liked these toothpastes, although my husband likes the Mojito Mint (green tube) flavor over this supermint one.  I bought one of the usual drugstore brands of toothpaste for us to use now and I can really tell a difference.  It tastes much more sugary and artificial.  I will definitely be purchasing the Hello brand when we run out.


Decluttered Products (not counted in money total of products used)-
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash - I used to use this product every day.  I recently tried going back to it and it has become too drying for my skin now (probably due to my aging skin).
Paula's Choice Resist Intensive wrinkle repair retinol serum - I was very excited to try a Paula's Choice product because I hear a lot of good things.  However, this was much to thick and oily for my skin and made me break out.
Mary Kay lipgloss in Cafe au lait - I went to use this and it has gotten too old.  It is very thick and goopy and the consistency has changed.  I do love the formula of these glosses though!
I also passed along two Murad Invisiblur deluxe samples to a friend.

April Update:
Used - 25 products (6 full size, 6 deluxe, 8 samples, and 5 decluttered)
Total of $115.26 this month, $446.56 for the year.

I was -$27 after last month for my budget.  I added my $25 for the month to bring me to -$2.  I bought a Target Beauty Box for $7 that was not a necessity so that brings me to -$9.

I did buy a few necessities as well such as a concealer (I'm almost out), a Clarisonic brush head, and a few travel items for a recent trip.  You'll see all that in my haul post soon!

I'm going to work hard in May to finish off products and not bring in much.  I haven't been going crazy with my spending but I'm buying what I need only when there are free samples or gifts, which then brings in more samples and products than what I really need.  They are very tempting, though, so I will be working hard to resist this month.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.








No comments:

Post a Comment