Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Project Polish Update #1

Part of my Project Use It Up this year included nail polish.  Since polishes don't go as fast as skincare or makeup, I plan to update every three months.  You can view my original post about the project here.  Most of my thoughts on these polishes are from December/January when I was painting my  nails.

I haven't painted my nails much in the past two months because my hands and nails have been super dry.  My nails peel when they get dry and the polish just chips right away.  It happens every winter and they are getting better now so I'll be using polish again.

My goals of this project aren't necessarily to finish entire nail polishes.  I don't paint my nails more than once a week, usually every two weeks.  I buy polishes use them once and put them aside.  Often the formula is horrible but I don't get rid of them, I just let them sit around.  So, I want to use every polish at least once so that I can decide if I really like the color and formula.  I will purge as I go the ones I don't like.


With most of the polishes, I am using OPI nail envy as my base coat (to help my nails) and Ruffian top coat from Birchbox.  This way I know whether it is the polish and not the base or top coat.

I started with 20 polishes at the beginning of 2016.  I have added 9 polishes from gifts and the Zoya polishes I bought in January (there is a second page not pictured:).

I used 7 of the polishes before my nails became dry and brittle.  I tried to write some notes about what I thought or if they were worth keeping.  The star means I am keeping it.  I only used the China Glaze silver over another polish for an accent nail but I will keep it for that.


These are the polishes I am decluttering so far this year.
Pink Mary Kay (bottom left) - very streaky
OPI infinite shine in pink and grey - These claim to last 10 days, similar to the Sally Hansen no light gel polishes.  They do not work the same and I don't get the same lasting power, especially for the price.  I am also getting rid of the base and top coat you need to use with them.

That is where I am at right now.  I hope to see more progress over the next few months as I paint my nails more often.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment