Sunday, April 10, 2016

Beauty Empties - March

Yay!  Empties!  I love empties...it helps keep me motivated.  I also love seeing everyone's empties because I enjoy their product reviews that come along with it.  We had spring break this month and took a trip to Florida.  It was wonderful and relaxing and I didn't worry much about my skincare routine or makeup for a good ten days.  That also means that I didn't finish as many products this month.  But some months are like that.


Makeup Empties!
Elf blush in mellow mauve - I really liked this blush.  It had good pigmentation and lasting power for the $3 price tag.  I won't repurchase because I have so many blushes, but I do recommend this one.
Jouer eye definer in chocolat - This dried out and the remaining product broke off and fell out when I tried to sharpen it.  The formula isn't as creamy as others but I love the color a lot so I do have a backup to use.
Mally Volumizing mascara - I absolutely loved this mascara!  It was my absolute Holy Grail until I tried the Tarte Lights Camera Lashes.  I am using another tube of the Mally now and then I have a Tarte one to use and I'll see what my thoughts are on the two.  I would like to try some other mascaras, especially drugstore options so I don't think I'll repurchase right now.


Skincare Empties!
The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil - I find that this helps keep my skin clear.  I use a cotton swab to apply a little bit on the areas I have breakouts the most often, usually my chin.  I have already repurchased.
Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner - I am loving Mario Badescu toners.  I had very few breakouts while using this toner and really liked how it made my skin feel.  I am trying another toner by them right now but I might go back to this one.
Sahajan restorative eye cream - This is being decluttered because I can't stand the smell!!! Just no!!!
Jack Black lip balm (mint flavor) - I was really excited to try this product because everyone raves about it.  I did really like it and might purchase more in the future but I have a lot of lip balms to use up first.


Haircare Empties!
Beautiful Nutrition Grapefruit Detox Shampoo - I wasn't a big fan of this.  I thought it made my hair feel dry.  Not a purchase.
Macadamia dry shampoo - I loved the smell of this dry shampoo and it absorbed oil well.  I have a few dry shampoos to use up and I'd like to try Bastiste before I'd consider purchasing this one.
Pantene Color Preserve Conditioner - I have a bunch of travel sized conditioners around that I'm trying to use up.  This isn't anything I'd purchase a full size of.


Other Empties! (none of these items count towards my total of used up products)
Target Up & Up Cotton Rounds - These are okay for the price.  I prefer the Sephora cotton rounds but I'll buy these if I'm out of the Sephora ones.
Clarisonic brush head - I buy the sensitive brush head and I usually stock up when there is a good sale somewhere or I can earn extra points.
Kate Spade Walk on Air perfume - I absolutely love this perfume!  I got the full size for Christmas.
Clean Warm Cotton perfume - There are two of these.  I don't like the dabber top so I poured them together into an atomizer.  I like this scent but I love the cotton/laundry scents, even as a perfume.  I have a rollerball set from Sephora at the holidays to use up before I'd consider purchasing.


Total used in March - 14 (5 full size, 4 deluxe, 4 sample, 1 decluttered)
Total used this year - 50 products
Total used was $82.00 this month.
Yearly total used is $331.30.

I did spend $80 this month on non-essential items (eye shadow and lip products mostly).  I bought some skincare items that I was running low on and did not have backups but those don't count in my budget  because I consider them essentials.  I am currently -$27 for my budget.  I made more purchases this month since it was my birthday so I know I'll edge back to the positive as the months go by.

You can see my recent March Haul post here.

How is your journey going this year?  Are you working towards any specific goals?  I'd love to hear about it so we can support each other!  You can see my April Goals here.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

1 comment:

  1. Great progress! Congrats on using up a full size blush!

    ReplyDelete