Saturday, April 16, 2016

April Birchbox and March Reviews

Happy Weekend everyone!  It is finally warm and sunny here and I am loving it!  It is a wonderful weekend to be outside.

For the second month in a row, I picked the curated box from Birchbox.  April's box featured a few products I wanted to try out so I went with that box.  Usually, I have either tried the products or they aren't anything that interests me so this is different for me to be choosing this box.

The theme for April is Make it Bloom (I think?  it is rather unclear on the card this month).  They partnered with Rifle Paper Co. again so the box was floral and I did decide to do an add on of a Rifle Paper Co notepad and journal that were super cute.  I'm such a sucker for cute paper products!


Products included in the box (prices are for full size, not the size in the box):
Marcelle 3-in-1 Micellar Solution - $21
Dr. Jart+ Liftra Contour Cream - $60
Laura Gellar New York Baked Blush-n-Brighten in Tropical Hues - $28
Parlor by Jeff Chasten Volumizing Lift Spray - $25
Tocca Crema da Mano in Giulietta - $20

I chose the box for the Laura Gellar blush and Marcelle Micellar Solution.  Watch out next month for all my reviews!


March Box reviews....
I picked the curated box in March and the theme was Ready for Anything.

Parlor by Jeff Chastain Smoothing Blowout Spray - I liked this product but I'm not sure it tops my 12 Benefits that I love.  I'll continue to finish the bottle so watch my empties to see if I've decided I love it:)

MILK studios lip color in C.R.E.A.M. - This is the cutest sample and it is a nice nude shade.  However, it is more drying and much more matte than what I prefer to wear.  I'm going to try it with a gloss over it and see if it changes my opinion some.  Although, if I have to pair it with another color to like it, then it isn't worth the $22 for me.

Smashbox Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in Filter - I like these neutral shades however it is hard to get a fluffier brush into the shadows with the way they have packaged this sample.  The cream shade was very powdery and not very pigmented.  They definitely don't top other shadows I have to make me want to run out and purchase a palette from Smashbox.

Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream - I have been trying a lot of different Kiehls products in the last six months and I haven't really found one I don't like yet.  This cream is too heavy for my oily skin during the day but it works well for me at night.  I don't wake up looking like an oil slick (which is usually my test for a night cream).  I have a lot of creams to use up but I'd consider purchasing this one.  If you have dry skin, it might be a good daytime moisturizer for you.

Wilma Schumann Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads - These were a bust.  First off, the directions for application were not very clear but I did try to follow the directions of where to apply the pads.  They didn't stay in place well and kept sliding down my face.  I never saw any difference in my eye area and these definitely weren't worth the money.

The products in my March box didn't turn out to excite me as much as I thought when I chose the box.  However, I am glad I was able to try out the products, especially the makeup products before I bought them.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment