Wednesday, March 16, 2016

March Birchbox and February Reviews

We have spring break in about a week and things have been so busy here that I am really looking forward to the beach and some reading.

I received my Birchbox last week and wanted to show you what was in the box this month and review last month's products for you.  March is the first time I have ever chosen the curated box.  It was a good variety of items that I wanted to try out.

The theme for March is Ready for Anything.


Products included in the box were:
Parlor by Jeff Chasten Smoothing blowout spray - $24 for full size
Milk Studios lip color in C.R.E.A.M - $22 for full size
Smashbox Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in Filter - $28 for full size
Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream - $26.50 for full size
Wilma Schumann Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads - $18 for full size

I was really excited to try out all of these products (hence why I picked the box:).  I've already started to use them and will update you next month with my thoughts.



February Reviews...The theme was What's the Occasion?

Pop Beauty Matte Velvet Lipstix in Cozy Crimson - I have yet to try this red lipstick and I probably won't.  That way I can pass it along to a friend who will wear it.  Full size is $24.

Whish Three Whishes body butter in Lavender - I really liked this body butter.  It applied and absorbed nicely.  I love the lavender scent so that was a bonus.  I'm not a fan of the shave creams by this brand but I did like this body butter and would try it out again.  I'd question buying a full size because I'm not sure it is good enough for the price.  Full size is $24.

Arrow Revive Cooling Cheek Tint in Pink Punch - This is a very pink cheek tint and looks very bright coming out of the tube.  I was a bit concerned at first but I put it on the back of my hand and used my stipple brush by Elf and it sheered out very nicely into a pinky flush on my cheeks.  It will be great for spring and summer, especially minimal makeup days.  Full size is $18.

Sahajan Restorative Eye Cream - Absolutely not!  This stuff smells horrible.  I can't handle the smell or putting it anywhere near my face.  It will be decluttered in my empties one day when I remember to put it in there.  Full size is $45!

Corioliss Argan Conditioning Mask - I did not try this product.  I have a hair mask going in my shower right now and I didn't want 2 open.  I will try this one next and update you at a later time.

Have you been enjoying your Birchboxes?  I know they can be hit or miss some months but I definitely find more good products than bad.  I wasn't really excited about my February box but I ended up liking the products (minus the eye cream).

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased by me.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.








No comments:

Post a Comment