Saturday, March 5, 2016

Beauty Empties - February

So excited to be posting February empties.  Not only are these my favorite posts and videos, but I am also excited to be continuing to use up products and clear out some of what I have collected.  As always, I will give a little review of each and recap my empty totals at the end of the post.


Bodycare Empties:
Ulta Beauty Smoothie in coconut lime cooler - I use these beauty smoothies to shave in the shower.  I buy them when they are on some type of sale at Ulta.  I have pulled my last bottle out to start using so I will repurchase more beauty smoothies when I am close to running out of my backup.
Dial Bodywash in lavender and twilight jasmine - I bought a bunch of Dial bodywashes awhile ago when they were on sale and I have been trying to use them up ever since.  This scent was okay but I won't repurchase since there are so many other brands and scents I would like to try.
Vaseline intensive care healing serum deep repair lotion - This came in a Target beauty box last fall.  It was great for winter because it was very thick and moisturizing.  I have a lot of lotion to use up but one day I'd consider trying other lotions from this line.


Deluxe sized empties:
Kiehls Super Multi-Corrective Eye-Opening Serum - I ordered a Kiehls moisturizer around the holidays and they were offering a great deal with lots of samples so I was excited to try out lots of their products.  I used this serum at night and I didn't see much of a difference.  I use an eye cream for moisture at night but I don't think I'd need this serum.
Gold Bond Healing Lotion with aloe - I have a ton of these from PinchMe boxes that I received as free samples so I am trying to work through them.  I have been using them as hand lotions at night because the lotion is a bit greasy for daytime use.  I am not in love with this lotion to every purchase it.  It is just okay.
Whish Body Butter in lavender - I really liked this body butter.  I have tried the shave creams from this brand before and I don't like them so I was skeptical.  However, I liked the consistency and scent of the body butter.  Again, I don't need lotion but I would pick this one up someday.
Pantene Smooth and Sleek conditioner - I am trying to use up my small shampoo and conditioner bottles.  I really liked this conditioner, it made my hair feel very soft.  I don't need to buy conditioner - maybe ever:)
Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture - I used this moisturizer as a night cream since it was much thicker than anything I wear during the day.  Considering the price of Murad products, I was not impressed by this one.


Makeup Empties:
Benefit FakeUp concealer in light - This concealer did a good job of brightening but did not give enough coverage for my dark undereye circles.  It was very moisturizing so it never really felt like it set well.  This is not something I would buy because I need a lot more coverage.
Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss in super natural - I kept this on my desk at work and reapplied throughout the day.  It was a nice natural color that didn't require a mirror to apply.  However, I also felt like the gloss did not stay around very long and I was having to reapply very often.  I won't repurchase these glosses because I wasn't happy with the staying power.
Smashbox Limitless Long Wear Lipgloss in Forever - This gloss was sticky but I did feel like it stuck around longer because of that.  These glosses are no longer available from Smashbox.
Jouer Eye Definer in gris - This is not empty but I'm not a fan of the shade so I am getting rid of it.  I was always attempting to completely change the color because this looked very blue on me instead of a grey.  I will pass this on or get rid of it.


TheBalm Palette in Nude'tude - This was my Pan That Palette for 2015.  I bought it off Hautelook awhile ago without ever seeing the shades or swatching them.  Don't do that!  There were quite a few shades that I found to be very glittery and I did not like them.  I finished six shades in the palette:  Sassy, Snobby, Stubborn, Stand-offish, Sultry and Seductive.  I have depotted Sexy because I like that shade and will continue to use it.  Part of buying a palette for me is often having some shades, especially on the darker end, that I know I won't get much use out of.  Therefore, I don't have any problem feeling like I got a good amount of use out of this palette and I am very happy with what I did finish.  At this point, I will be counting the palette in my totals of completed products.


Random empties:
Up and Up cotton rounds - One of the brands I like and will continue to repurchase.
Laneige BB cushion - I liked this concept and how the foundation applied.  It had a good amount of coverage for me.  However, the weekend I tried this out, I ended up with a lot of clogged pores and breakouts.  This is the only product I changed in my routine so I will not be purchasing it.
Calvin Klein Euphoria perfume - I was so tired of this scent by the end of it that I have no desire to purchase it.  I have a little sample and I won't be using it for a long time because I got very sick of this scent.  I have perfumes I'll use over and over because I love them.  This wasn't one of those.
Couture Couture by Juicy Couture (not pictured) - I don't remember much about this except it was too sweet for me.

February Update:
Used: 5 full size, 1 palette, 7 deluxe size, 2 samples, 1 decluttered product
I do not count samples packets or cotton rounds in my totals for the year.
Total of $111.76
Year Total:  $249.30

I had $10 from January that rolled over for my budget, added to $25 for February gave me $35 for the month.  I bought the Target Beauty Box for $7 which counted towards my budget, leaving me with $28 to roll into March.

I did purchase a few skincare items that did not count towards my budget because I do not have backups of them (tea tree oil, toner, serum).  The rest of the products I took in for the month were either free samples, Birchbox, or birthday gifts.  I am still not using up more than I am taking in.  I have full size products I am trying to finish up (such as face wash) and then I will be concentrating on some deluxe sized samples to move out items that are taking up quite a bit of space.  I also have items in my seasonal products I hope to finish as well.

Thanks for stopping by!
Heather

*All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.  All items were purchased by  me.





No comments:

Post a Comment