Sunday, February 14, 2016

Love to Project Pan: Finish 14 by February 14th Finale

It is snowy and cold here today so I'm spending it inside blogging, reading and enjoying some hot tea!

It is time for the finale of Love to Project Pan: Finish 14 by February 14th that was started by Kristen Kay and Glamour With Grace on Youtube.  I started this project back in October.  I will link my intro here so you can see where I started with these products.

I actually thought I'd finish a lot more of these products than I did.  However, I am happy with how much progress I have made and know that I'll finish most of these products sometime this year.

At my January update I had finished:
1.  Tarte poreless primer
2.  Acure cell stimulating facial mask


3.  Elf Blush in mellow mauve - I had quite a bit of pan showing at my January update.  I have repressed the product recently and hit pan again.  I still think there is quite a bit of product left but hope to finish it up in the next few months.
4.  Benefit Fake Up - This was just a deluxe sample and you can see there is barely any left, just a bit on the right edge.  This is not a product that I use daily because it lacks the coverage I need.  I have just been using it on a day where I'm not wearing makeup which isn't very often.  I hope this is done by the end of the month.
5.  Vapour cream blush in courtesan - I use this every day under the Elf blush and it still shows no progress when I go to mark it.  I am going to take a break from it for awhile.  It is very pigmented so I only need a small amount and it is lasting much longer than I anticipated.
6.  Laneige sleeping mask - I started using this mask only after finishing the Acure one last month.  I don't really need a moisturizing mask at night since my skin is fairly oily.  Therefore, I'm only using this once a week and not applying much product when I do use it to avoid becoming an oil slick.  I will continue to use this over the next few months to finish it up.


7.  Smashbox gloss in forever - I am calling this product DONE!  I have taken the stopper out and have been scraping the sides.  I can't get to the little bit left in the bottom and when I try to scrape the sides I get very little product to apply.
8.  NYX lipstick in thalia - This is another product I didn't start to use at the beginning of the project often enough to finish it up.  I had too many lip products in various projects to be able to concentrate on finishing them.  I'm going to put this to the side for now but will come back to it and try to finish it this year.
9.  Stila gloss in sugar plum - I really focused on finishing up the Smashbox gloss because I knew i was close.  I made more progress this month than in past months but it definitely isn't finished.  I will be continuing to work on this one.
10.  Tarte lip crayon in energy - Never even touched this one.  I think I used it once.  As I said, I was a little ambitious with the amount of lip products I put in this project.


11.  NYX wonder pencil - I have made a lot of progress with this product.  I will continue to use it as my eye base but I can tell from my progress markings that it is still going to take quite awhile to use up (probably six months).
12.  NYX shadow in white pearl - This has gotten a very significant amount of pan and a good dip going since I started the project.  I am putting this to the side to focus on shades in my Pan That Palette for this year.
13.  Coastal Scents eye shadow sampler in ballerina - I finished one shade and have a significant dip in two more.  I am also going to be putting most of these shades to the side as I focus on my Pan That Palette.
14.  Jouer eyeliner in gris - I am getting rid of this product.  I have made some progress with it but I am just not happy with the color.  It pulls very blue on my eyes and I am not a fan of the eye looks I get when I use it.  I'm glad I decided to pull it out and use it the last few months so I could decide it just isn't for me.


These are my progress markings for the project.  You can see the progress on the NYX pencil, Jouer pencil and NYX lipstick.  There is no progress on the Tarte crayon and no visible progress on the Vapour cream blush to mark.  The Benefit Fake Up is so small at this point I can't even mark it on the paper.

I am considering 4 of the 14 products finished.  Definitely thought I would finish more given the length of the project but I made a lot of good progress on the eye shadows and blush so I am very happy with that.  I still feel as though I haven't learned how to pick products I will be successful with finishing in a project.  However, I am happy with seeing visible progress on these products.

The lip product I finished will count towards my goal of 10 lip products for 2016 so that is exciting!

I am going to be joining in with Finish 5 by Cinco de Mayo including some of these products that I feel I can finish in the next 2 1/2 months.  I will post that intro soon!

Heather

*All products shown were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.  All opinions are my own.


1 comment:

  1. Its kinda funny because I would definitely call your project a success! I think the main goal of these projects is to get use out of products that you might normally not use enough regularly. Instead of thinking about it in terms of what you finished it might be helpful to think of how much you used!!

    ReplyDelete