Wednesday, February 17, 2016

February Birchbox and January Reviews

It is time again for a Birchbox update.  I received my February Birchbox this past week and have tried out most of the products from January to review for you.

Here is what I received for February...


The theme for this month is What's the Occasion and I have:

Pop Beauty Matte Velvet Lipstix in Cozy Crimson
Whish Three Whishes Body Butter in Lavender
Arrow Revive Cooling Cheek Tint in Pink Punch
Sahajan Restorative Eye Cream
Corioliss Argan Conditioning Mask

I'm excited to try everything out except for the lipstick.  I am not a fan of red and would try out the lipstick to review for you by wearing it around the house.  However, I may not even try it out so that I could pass it along to someone else.


Beautiful Nutrition grapefruit detox shine repair shampoo - I honestly don't notice much difference in my hair when I use this shampoo.  It doesn't seem to hurt or help my hair.

Beautiful Nutrition grapefruit detox shine repair conditioner - I feel the same way about the conditioner.  It doesn't do enough for my hair to justify buying it.

Eyeko fat liquid liner - I'm not a huge liquid liner fan to begin with but this one was very hard to work with.  I like a thinner line along my top lash line and this was very thick every time I tried to use it because it has a very fat tip for the pen.  If you like a thick line I think you would like this a lot, it is just not a product I prefer to use.

Paula's Choice resist intensive wrinkle repair retinol serum - After using this a few times, I was happy to see that it didn't seem to dry out or make my skin peel as some retinols have done for me.  I don't know that I have seen enough effects yet but maybe once I use the whole sample, I will have a more definitive answer if this works for me or not.

Ciate London paint pot in Access All Areas - My nails have been in horrible shape lately and I haven't painted them in almost a month.  They are very dry and peeling with our cold weather here so I am trying to moisturize and help get them in better shape.  I look forward to using this shade when the weather warms up and I already know I love Ciate polishes.

I have to admit I am not super excited about my February box, although I will use most of the products except for the lipstick.   See you next month for my update!

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.  All products were purchased with my own money.


No comments:

Post a Comment