Sunday, January 24, 2016

What I'm Loving Lately - January

Happy weekend to you all!  I'm taking the afternoon to relax and thought I'd try to catch up on a few blog posts.  My daughter is a competitive gymnast and it was their home meet this weekend.  I spent 14 hours at a gymnastics meet yesterday and relaxing was the only thing I could manage today:)

On to what I've been loving lately.  Remember how I said I wasn't going to do very many projects?  I guess I lied.  Lol.  It is just so motivating to join in projects with other bloggers, youtubers, and all those who post on Instagram.  That being said, I'm trying not to overlap products too much so that I can still use some items I've been neglecting alongside the items in my projects.


One of my friends sent me a sample of this to try and I loved it.  She had an extra full size and so she sent that long to me once she heard how much I was enjoying it.  She's the best!  It is the LaRoche-Posay Effaclar Duo and you use it on problem areas when you have breakouts.  I can use a tiny bit when I start feeling breakouts coming on and this product will keep them away.  The catch is that you can't buy the version they sell in the United States.  You need to order it from www.feelunique.com but it is free shipping over $15.  They list the price as $22.48.  The version they sell in the US is almost $40 so it is worth it to buy the good version.


My next love is the It Cosmetics CC cream.  I had heard a lot about this from some beauty friends on Instagram and Youtube.  I was trying to use up some foundations at the end of 2015 before I bought a new one.  I have this in the shade "fair "(bought online so I hadn't tried the colors) and it might be a bit light for me.  However, I can easily darken it up with some bronzer and it works just find for winter.  I want to try it in the shade "light" to compare and see if it would be a better match.  I prefer a light to medium coverage and this works perfectly.  I also like that it has SPF.  The full size is $38 on Ulta's website.


Finally, I have been loving the NYX lipstick in my Finish 14 by February 14th project.  This is a NYX round case lipstick (that is how it is listed on Ulta's site) in Thalia.  It is a pretty mauve brown shade.  I am really enjoying the shade and am happy I am trying to use it up before I have to toss it.  The formula is nice and creamy.  I wouldn't call it long lasting but I'm okay with how long it lasts since it so comfortable to wear.  It is $3.99 at Ulta.

What have you been loving lately?  I would love for you to share in the comments!
Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment