Sunday, January 17, 2016

January Birchbox and December Reviews

My January Birchbox came this week so I thought I would share what I received and also my reviews of the December products.  When I started this format last month, it had a positive response so I will continue posting about Birchboxes with the reviews from the previous month.

I will start with what I received for January.  I can never wait so I always peek ahead of time to see what I'm getting and I wasn't totally thrilled with the products.  That happens some months but I usually have a few products I'm excited about even if it isn't the whole box this time.


The theme for this month was just that it is the beginning of a new year.  I did not participate in sample choice this month because none of the product choices really excited me.  However, then I received the Eyeko eyeliner anyways.  If I wanted it, I would have chosen it, so that is a little annoying.

What I received:
Beautiful Nutrition grapefruit detox shine repair shampoo - full size $12
Beautiful Nutrition grapefruit detox shine repair conditioner - full size $12
Ciate London mini paint pot in Access All Areas - full size $15
Eyeko fat liquid liner - full size $16
Paula's Choice Resist intensive wrinkle repair retinol serum - full size $40

I am excited to try the serum the most because I hear a lot about Paula's Choice products but haven't tried any yet.  I have a glitter polish from this nail brand and I think this will be a great summer color.  I don't mind trying different shampoo and conditioners out because I would like to try to find one that I think does great things for my hair.  Not a fan of the liner.  I will try them all out and let you know next month!


December's Box - All Wrapped Up

Malin and Goetz clarifying clay mask - full size $48
This was a very different mask for me.  It was a clay mask but also had exfoliating particles.  You were to apply the mask and then before removing it, massage it into the skin to exfoliate and then rinse.  I found it a bit scratchy to apply because of the exfoliating particles.  It made my skin feel soft and I did not have a reaction to it.  However, I wasn't a fan of the mask/exfoliating combo and did not like it enough to pay full price.

Soap and Paper Factory shea butter hand cream in green tea scent - full size $18
This is nice and moisturizing and I do love the scent.  It has that spa-like scent which I prefer to floral scents.  The full size is 4 times this amount so you get a good amount of product for the price.  It is also paraben and phthalate free and does not test on animals.  It will probably be the end of the year before I need hand cream but I would pick this up.

Kate Spade Walk on Air perfume - full size $25-$95
I was very excited to have a sample of this perfume and had already asked for it for Christmas when I received my Birchbox.  I love this scent.

TheBalm cosmetics Frat Boy blush - full size $21
I love this color but it is hard to fit in blush brush in the tiny little square of product they send you.  I'll use this up and might try it as an eyeshadow too.  I own a blush from theBalm (Hot Mama) and I love it so I know I'd love this one in the full size but I have a lot of blushes and don't need anymore right now.

Coastal Scents styleEyes eyeshadow palette in formalEyes - full size $12
I love these shades but I didn't find them to be as pigmented as other Coastal Scents shades in the revealed palettes I have.  I layered them with some shadows in my project pans and it made for a nice natural eye look but the quality of these two shades does not make me want to buy the full size of this palette.

Thanks for reading everyone!
Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.


4 comments:

  1. Definitely a no go with the eye shadow! The mask was a tad scratchy but I still liked it :-) I didn't get the Kate Spade purfume! Sad. I love Kate Spade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the eye shadow. I'm using a sampler quad from their coastal scents line right now and the quality is so much better. I don't know why the big difference. I'm a big Kate Spade fan too!

      Delete
  2. HI Heather! I nominated you for The Liebster Awards! Go to my blog www.everydayaffordable.com to see all the details! I hope you play along! xoxo Brittni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Britain! I will check it out!

      Delete