Wednesday, December 30, 2015

November and December Birchbox

It has been a long time since I posted about my Birchboxes.  I absolutely love my Birchbox each month and I really want to share it with all of you!  However, the way I was going about it just wasn't working for me.  I didn't always open the products right away to try them out to review and so then I wasn't posting the products at all.

I am going to change up how I post about the Birchboxes and do something similar to what I have seen some Youtubers do.  I will include the products from the most recent month, but my reviews will be the products from the previous month.  This will give me more time to try them out.  I also plan to include full size prices so that when I tell you something is worth the money or not worth the money, you can see what it costs.

I have changed how I project pan for 2016 (only one at a time) and plan to include deluxe samples in my project use it up every month.  I think the combination of both of these will give me a better chance of opening and trying out what I receive because I really do love the products and hate to let them sit unused.

So, to start I will show you December's box.  The theme was All Wrapped Up and I did participate in sample choice but picking one of the eyeshadow duos.


What I received:
Malin and Goetz clarifying clay mask - full size $48
Coastal Scents styleeyes eyeshadow palette in formal eyes- full size $12
Kate Spade Walk on Air perfume - full size $25-$95
Soap and Paper Factory shea butter hand cream in Green Tea - full size $18
theBalm cosmetics FratBoy blush - full size $21

I was very excited about this month's box because I know I will put all these products to good use.  I have already tried the Kate Spade perfume and love it.  The full size of the perfume was actually on my Christmas list before I even received this box.

November's Box - I can't find the card from this month's box with exact product names and prices but I want to let you know my thoughts on the products.


Living Proof perfect hair day dry shampoo - I really like this dry shampoo.  It does have the white cast to it but I find if I spray it in and let it sit while I get ready, I can massage it in easier.  This dry shampoo also claims to actually clean hair like a shampoo versus just absorbing oil.  I'd definitely recommend it.

TempleSpa la la lagoon shower gel - This was included in one of my posts for DeluxeDec on Instagram.  I love the spa scent, however, the shower gel was too runny for my liking.  I felt like it took a whole lot to get any sort of lather and I was wasting a lot of the product.

LOC shadow crayon - This is the shadow crayon from the collaboration between Birchbox and Tati (Glam Life Guru on Youtube).  This was my sample choice for the month of November and I really like it.  It is a pretty rose gold shade and I'm looking forward to using it under more eye looks.  I would consider purchasing a champagne shade as an everyday eye base but I am not sure of what colors are offered.

Make face gloss - No!  I tried it because I read it could be used as a highlighter so I thought I might be able to make it work.  This product was very sticky and I never felt like it blended into my skin.  Hours later, the area where I applied the product still felt sticky.  My flyaway hairs were sticking to it!!!  Absolutely not!

Liz Earle superskin moisturizer - This is the one product I have not tried.  I am finishing a moisturizer and then this is next up on my list.  I will definitely review it in my empties in the future.

Do you like this new set up?  I would love your opinion!

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback! I think it will work out well.

      Delete
  2. I just finished that clay mask and loved it! The blush not so much, maybe because it is so small and I had trouble using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the shade of the blush but the packaging does make it difficult to use. I have a bronzer sample from them that I have the same problem with. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete