Sunday, November 29, 2015

November Beauty Empties

I can't believe we are entering the end of 2015!  It is going to get a bit crazy keeping up with life while getting ready for the holidays:)  But I do love to see all my friends and family over the holidays!

I am feeling a bit better about the amount of empties this month since I felt last month was a total let down:(  I'll recap it all at the end....


Dial bodywash in Mountain Fresh - This is okay.  I have had this in my empties before and I have a few more to go since I bought a bunch when they were on sale with coupons.  I might buy it again but there are lots of other brands and scents I prefer.
Suave Natural Infusion Anti-breakage shampoo - I bought this after trying a sample packet that I really liked.  I wear my hair up a lot so I like the idea of the anti-breakage claim.  I didn't notice that it helped with breakage at all.  And this caused a ton of buildup in my hair.  My hair felt dirty and my scalp was itchy when I used this.  Definitely not a repurchase.


Target Up & Up brand cotton rounds - I like these for the price.  I've already repurchased.  They don't get lint all in my eyes so I'll keep buying them.
Sephora Instant eye makeup remover - I feel like this stung my eyes and didn't go a great job of removing my eye makeup.  I've tried others that are much better.  I won't repurchase this one.
Big Sexy Hair get layered thickening hairspray - One of the cashiers at Ulta threw this in my bag at checkout one day.  I'd never gotten samples before at checkout so that was fun.  I didn't notice that this did anything special for my hair that my favorite drugstore hairspray doesn't already do.  I wouldn't purchase a full size.


Clarins super restorative total eye concentrate - This is part of my finish 9 by New Year so I'm excited to have another product finished!  This sample lasted me a long time but the full size is $53 and I didn't notice enough of an improvement while using it to justify that price tag.
Tarte clean slate poreless primer - I finished a product from my Finish 14 by February 14th!  This primer is the silicone type which I don't like.  I wouldn't purchase a full size.
Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gel moisturizer - I am really liking gel moisturizers for my skin.  I definitely don't get oily during the day like I do with some other types of moisturizers.  I don't think I'd buy this one but I am trying out some different gel moisturizers to find one I do like.
Origins Ginzing eye cream - I love this eye cream.  This is the second jar that I have finished.  I use this every morning and I feel like it brightens up my eye area before I apply makeup.  I have a few other eye creams to use but if I don't find one I like better, I will definitely repurchase this one.


Juliette has a Gun Not a Perfume - I love this scent.  I bought a Juliette Has a Gun sampler from Sephora to try out some other scents.  I would definitely buy this scent if I use up some other perfumes.
Lady Gaga Fame - This wasn't horrible but it definitely wasn't impressive enough to make me want to purchase it.
Trestique concealer crayon - This shade was a bit too dark but I was able to make it work in places on my face.  This is much too creamy for my oily skin and didn't really stay in place.  I wouldn't purchase a full size.
Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo lip balm - I got this in an Ipsy bag a long time ago and I wouldn't hunt down where to buy it.  I looked up the price and it is $10 for this lip balm.  Not worth the price in my opinion.  I didn't feel as though this was very moisturizing.

I used up 22 products in November (7 full size, 4 deluxe size, 9 samples, and 2 products went in the trash - mascaras with formulas I didn't like).

As of now, I have used up 279 products this year.  I am still hoping I hit my goal of 365 empties this year.  I am going to work really hard to use up samples and deluxe sized samples in December in hopes of hitting my goal.

I have used up $1291.80 in product this year.

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment