Saturday, November 7, 2015

Beauty Blogger Book Club



I am a few days late with this post so I apologize.  My blogging time seems slim lately.  This month we read Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave.  



In this book, Georgia discovers a big secret her fiancé has been keeping from her just a week before their wedding.  She returns home to her family vineyard for comfort from her family but finds that everything is changing and her home is not the same.

As tends to be the case with the books we choose, I had heard a lot about this book and was excited to read it.  The relationships between the characters were developed well.  There was family history with the vineyard and their family growing up mixed in with their present day interactions.  I enjoyed that this was not a predictable story of family relationships and often I was surprised by the actions of the various family members.  I also enjoyed the bits of information about wine and working a vineyard that were included.

I would definitely recommend this book and have already grabbed another one by this same author from the library to read.

For November, Ashley chose The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion.  Check out what the other beauty bloggers though of the October book!

Michelyn - Brains Beauty and Basketball
Ashley - If You Give a Girl a Ring
Lisa - Uncommon Wife Life
Lisa P - Blush and Backroads
Steph - The Wonky Brow

I pick the next book so if you have suggestions of what we should read, let me know!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment