Friday, October 30, 2015

October Beauty Empties

Yay for fall!  I'm excited fall has arrived here in the midwest with pretty leaves and fall temps.  This is a slow empties month.  I have a lot of full sizes I am working through instead of samples or even deluxe sized samples.  I have some products I want to finish before the end of the year.  Then I will open up and go through some of my deluxe sized samples.

Here are my empties for October.


Up and Up cotton rounds - I like these and they are cheap.  I bought the multi pack so I have a few packages to finish but then I will probably repurchase.  I don't include cotton rounds in my product totals.

Neutrogena Naturals face wash - This was part of my 12 Empties of Christmas so I'm excited to have it finished for that project.  I liked this as a gentle face wash in the shower, especially if I was using a facial scrub as well.  There are other facial washes I want to try but I liked it enough to repurchase.

Olay tone perfecting cream - Also part of my 12 Empties of Christmas.  I really like this moisturizer.  It was nice and lightweight for daytime and wore well under my makeup.  I'm not sure it lives up to the claims of improving the tone of your skin but it worked to moisturize.  The drawback is it is pricey for a drugstore product.  I can get some higher end moisturizers for almost the same price and the full size comes in a pot (not a fan).


Tresemme tres two hairspray - I bought this because of Youtube (yes, I'll admit it) and I don't understand the hype.  I prefer the Garnier hairspray I usually use and won't repurchase this one.

Chapstick - I bought multi packs of these a long time ago because they were cheap and I'm still working through them.  Now that I realize how long it takes me to work through a lip balm, I think I'd prefer to spend the money on a quality one knowing that they last me a few months ( as opposed to buying them cheap because I go through them quickly).

Demeter Snow rollerball - This has never had much scent for me.  It is so light I can't even tell I put it on.  I used this up as part of my 12 Empties of Christmas project and I won't purchase these (this one came in an Ipsy bag).

Lady Gaga Fame - This sample came in a Walmart beauty box but I was not a fan of the scent.  It isn't one I would want to purchase.  I used it awhile ago and can't remember exactly why though:)


Well People expressionist mascara - This sample was okay but I have wimpy lashes and it didn't do enough for me.  It was a very nice natural look but it didn't get me enough volume for what I want on a daily basis.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara - I absolutely loved this!  It made my lashes look full and long.  It rivals Mally volumizing as my favorite and I'd definitely repurchase!

Stila Kajal eyeliner in Amethyst - This is my holy grail eyeliner but this color has been discontinued:(  I love the formula but what I love most is the purple shade.  I bought about 5 when it was being discontinued so I have plenty of backups (yay!).


I only have a few samples and I didn't review them on Instagram so I thought I'd include them here:
Loreal Color Vibrancy conditioner - I don't color my hair so I don't really have a need for this product.
Loreal Total Repair 5 Mask - I loved this hair mask and if I ever use all my samples, I would purchase this!
Olly Beauty vitamins - I'm including these because they came in a Target Beauty Box and I wanted to let you know what I thought (they aren't included in my product total).  Not a fan of the artificial grapefruit taste.  They claim to help with hair, skin, and nails but one use is not enough for me to tell you if those claims hold true.  I didn't like the flavor enough to want to try any more though.

My October Totals...
October started with 282 products.
I used 11 products (4 full size, 4 deluxe, and 3 samples).
I took in 29 products through beauty boxes, free samples, and a Birchbox order.
October ends with 300 products which is where I will start November.

I have spent $433.93 so far this year on products.  This total is still far less than past years so I am feeling okay with it.

I have used 257 total products this year.  I'm still hoping to make it to 365 but we will see:)

I have used up $1157.82 in products this year!!

How has your empty journey been going?  What have you used up?  Let me know in the comments!

Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.



2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of tracking a years worth of spending... I would probably be appalled at my number :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is lower than usual because I know I am tracking it and trying to be more careful. In the past I know it was a lot higher because I earned status at Sephora, Ulta, etc. This year it is just Ulta and I buy hubby's shave products from there often which makes me platinum.

      Delete