Friday, September 4, 2015

August Beauty Empties

Yay for a 3 day weekend!  It has been super hot here and it makes for a long school week.  On to the August Empties!  Happy to say I almost broke even on my empties and purchases this month:)  Most of the items I took in were from Birchbox or PinchMe (a website you can sign up for that sends free samples).  I'll talk more about what I spent and used up at the end of the post.

12 Empties of Christmas Empties:


These two items are in my 12 Empties of Christmas project.
Loreal Revitalift triple moisture - I used this as a nighttime moisturizer and it was too greasy for me.  I felt like I needed to wash my face right when I got up because it make it very greasy.  This came in a Walmart beauty box so I'm glad I got to try it out for the cost of the $5 box but I won't purchase.
Neutrogena Deep Clean cream cleanser - I purchased this awhile back when I was thought my skin was horrible and needed acne control.  This had a very strong tingly feeling when you used it.  I have changed my way of thinking and want to try some different types of cleanser.

Project Pan Empties:


These were all in my project pan that ended September 1st.
Body Mist in Oahu Sunset (BBW brand) - I'm not a fan of these.  I don't feel like they linger long enough on me and don't provide a strong enough scent.
Michael Todd Pumpkin Mask - I liked this mask.  It made my skin feel nice and smooth without any irritation.  I bought it as part of a Michael Todd set on Groupon to try out some products.  I have other masks I want to try but I would purchase this one in the future.
BeeKind lotion - I've received a few of these from Birchbox.  It is a lightweight lotion that absorbs quickly and I like the scent.  It isn't a lotion I love so much I must buy it though.
Sugar Honey and Sugar Petal balms - I'm not a fan of the formula of these.  I can't carry them with me or they melt.  So I just left them at home and applied them like a lip balm to use them up.  I wouldn't purchase these again.  I would love them if they didn't get so gross and messy.
Bliss Body Butter - I loved the scent of this and the formula was nice.  I don't think it is worth the price tag but I would use samples if I received them again.


Other Empties:
Dial Mountain Fresh Body Wash - I have a bunch of these from when they were on sale once.  They are fine as a body wash, nothing special.  I like the fresh scents.  This isn't an absolute love and repurchase for me but I'd pick it up on sale.
S&R (Sage and Row) Bare Shave Cream - I really liked this shave cream.  It is a lotion similar to the Whish ones but is much thicker and I didn't have to use very much when I shaved.  I would consider using Birchbox points for this.
Beauty Protector Treatment Mask - I love the scent of these products.  I'm not sure this mask did anything for my hair but it sure smelled good!


Sephora cotton rounds - These are my favorite cotton rounds.  You've seen them before.
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in fair - This is my favorite concealer so far and I have tried a lot of concealers.  The formula is nice for my skin and there are good shade matches for me as well.  I dug as much as I could out of this and then tried to remove the stopper but ended up pushing it down in the tube so I can't get anything else out of the bottom.
Mary Kay Timewise Moisturizer for combo/oily - I had one of these moisturizers left from the days when I sold Mary Kay that I was using up.  It is a nice lightweight moisturizer and I would purchase it again if I didn't find another moisturizer I like as well.
Cetaphil cleaning cloths - I used these once on my face and wasn't a fan.  I used the rest to take foundation off my hand when I mixed it in the morning.  I wouldn't purchase these.

Not pictured (included in my 9 full size products finished):  Dr. Jart+ Hydration Mask and 3 shades in theBalm NudeTude palette that I'm panning.

For the month of August:
I used up 19 products (9 full size, 8 deluxe, and 1 sample)  - My yearly total is 167
I took in 20 products.
I spent $15 this month on an Urban Decay lip crayon and a Klorane makeup remover - my total for the year is $334.43

My yearly totals stand at:
$174.21 that had to be trashed (expired, bad, etc.)
$1031.88 used - Over $1000 in used product (not wasted!!!)
$-151.43 - I'm not sure I'll ever get back to 0 for my beauty budget.

I will start September with 319 products!

What have you used up and loved lately?
Heather

*All opinions are my own.  All products were purchased with my own money.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.

2 comments:

  1. nice job girlfriend!! Its so cool to see you using things that come in birchbox/sample boxes, I feel like I tend to hoard them but now with the #samplesept and #365daysofempties challenges, I'm motivated to actually use my samples to see what I think! Thanks for always keeping me motivated :) ♥pdpatel0503

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to sample them and be able to give an opinion for my reviews so that helps me dig into them. Often I put them to the side but as I use up full sizes, I'm trying to also use up the deluxe sizes before I purchase a new product. Thank you for always supporting and reading!

      Delete