Sunday, July 5, 2015

June Beauty Empties

I want to start off by saying I did very well with purchases this month!  I only bought one chapstick for $4 because I was on vacation and ran out of chapstick.  The few items I took in (eyelash curler, rollerball) were purchased with a Sephora gift card or free.  And then there were my few Birchbox items.  As always, I will recap the month at the end of this post.  Let me start with empties...


Project 20 Pan Empties:  I don't want to keep these empties around for months so I will post about them and refer back in the coming months.
1.  Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter Lotion - I bought this in the aisle by the checkout at Sephora awhile ago because I hadn't tried any Soap and Glory products.  I liked this lotion.  It had a very different scent than anything I had used before.  I thought I was smelling boys cologned the first time I put it on.  But the scent definitely grew on me and I really like it!  If we find these products pop up in the US again, I'd buy this lotion.
2.  Urban Decay Lip Junkie gloss in Wallflower - I got this gloss with my Naked palette a long time ago.  I really liked this gloss and I'm sad that they don't make it anymore or I would purchase it.  This shade was easy to swipe on whenever and was a nice light pink color.
3.  Mac Viva Glam IV - This was one of my oldest lipsticks and I am glad I was able to finish it up instead of having to throw it away.  It is a nice neutral pink but I wouldn't repurchase it again.  I wasn't absolutely in love with this formula.


Shower Empties:
4.  Olay Fresh Outlast body wash - I liked the scent of this and it was an okay body wash.  I might purchase it if I found it on sale.
5.  Sephora Cotton rounds - These are my favorite cotton rounds but they are kind of expensive for the how many you get.  They appear frequently in my empties posts.
6 & 7.  Whish Shave Cream - I have the grapefruit and blueberry scents.  I get about two uses out of this tube.  It isn't a very thick cream and washes away very easily, often before I'm done shaving.  I liked the grapefruit scent, the blueberry made me gag.  I won't buy these because I don't think they are worth the money.


Face Empties:
8.  Marcelle eye makeup remover - This was a sample I chose one month from Birchbox and I really like it.  I'm not sure how much the full size is but I would consider purchasing this once I finish up my others in my stash.  It didn't sting my eyes and worked pretty well.  (It looks full because I filled it with remover from a bigger bottle for a recent trip).
9.  Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Treatment - This was a gel for nighttime and I really liked it.  The smell was a bit strange but I liked how nicely it absorbed and it wasn't greasy at all.  I'm not sure it did anything for my skin but I might consider purchasing another sample to try it again.  I think the larger size comes in a pump bottle which I prefer too.
10.  Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation - I really liked this moisturizer.  I used it with the invigorating treatment at night but it was light enough and absorbed well enough that I think I could easily use it in the morning as well under makeup.  I am not a fan of the tub though and have tried other moisturizers I like just as well that I want to purchase first.
11.  Benefit Pore-fessional - This is a small sample size from a Popsugar Box.  I am not a huge fan of the feel of this primer and I don't have huge pores that I need to blur.  I wouldn't purchase this product in a full size but I will use samples if I get them because it is an okay primer.
12.  Prescriptives Super Line Preventer - This is not empty but is going in the trash.  I used it for two nights on vacation with the Olay cream I'll talk about next and I had a horrible reaction.  I looked like I had a horrible sunburn and my face was covered with small bumps.  After about four days of painful bumps, they started peeling like I had burned my skin with the product.  I know some potent wrinkle creams are supposed to have a pretty brutal reaction when you first start using them as they improve your skin.  And if this is what that was, I'm not interested in those:)
13.  Olay Regenerist micro-sculpting cream - This came in a Walmart box and I was going to use it as a night cream since I had finished my other ones.  It is not empty but I am not going to risk having a reaction again by trying to use it.


Other Empties:
14.  Tresemme Tres Two Spray - There are a lot of Youtubers who like this.  Its okay.  I like my Garner Fructis one better and that is what I will repurchase.
15.  Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Keratin Cream Rinse - This is the second tube I've used.  I have no idea where I got these or if you can even purchase them anywhere.  It was okay as a hair mask but I won't purchase.
16.  Jouer Lip Enhancer - I bought this from Birchbox a long time ago and I thought I would love it.  It was okay but I didn't like it enough to purchase it again.  I found it more drying than moisturizing.
17 &18.  Chapstick - I bought a bunch of these a long time ago because they were cheap and I'm working my way through them.  They are okay.  I don't mind a waxy chapstick but I have a lot of other ones I would like to try once I use these up.

For the month of June I took in 12 products with a total cost of $4 (most were Birchbox or I used a gift card).  I have spent $182.43 so far this year.

I started June with 323 products (according to my inventory I did at the beginning of the month).  I used up 22 products (includes 4 samples not pictured here).  I am starting July with 312 products.

I used 6 full size, 10 deluxe size, 2 went in the trash, and I used 4 samples (see my Instagram if you would like to know about the 4 sample sizes since I don't post them in my empties).

I have used $777.45 in products this year.
$174.21 have gone into the trash because they were old or caused some sort of reaction.
My empties budget is at -$54.43.

I didn't really use makeup during the last two weeks of June while we were on vacation due to the reaction my skin had.  I am hoping I'll finish some more makeup products during July.

Follow me on Instagram or Twitter for more updates during the month - @hmills79

Heather



4 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the Whish Shave Creams. I don't get the hype! You're doing great with your empties! I'm in a slump right now with keeping up with my empties. I have a sephora bag almost full and I hope to get them all posted this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Trying to keep chugging along with using things up. I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't love the Whish products. It seems like everyone loves them.

      Delete
  2. I laughed out loud when I read your comment about the blueberry Whish shave cream. I concur. lol. Terrible scent. I also don't get the hype with that hair spray. I have a HUGEEEEE bottle and it's going to take me a lifetime to get through. -__-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scents are the one thing that can totally turn me off even if I love a product. I'm glad I bought a smaller bottle and I will be going back to my favorite, Garner.

      Delete